Phones forum

Resolved Question

Which phone should i choose for christmas ?

by Rayfrost32898 / December 20, 2013 6:58 PM PST

I want a phone with these specs :
2 GB ram minimum
2500 ma battery minimum
8 megapixel minimum
Full hd display
1.7 Ghz min
4-5.5 inches screen

Note : i actually have the gs3

Rayfrost32898 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which phone should i choose for christmas ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which phone should i choose for christmas ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Rayfrost32898

Collapse -
LG G2 Flex
by gurjyottheman / December 21, 2013 5:21 PM PST

Me too have Samsung Galaxy S4 but it is a pretty old phone now and as the new year is coming there will be a lot of offers around to the corner to flood the market.
LG G2 Flex would be a nice phone that I would suggest you and I am also considering that phone as I have tried it and runs pretty good.
But if you want to go for some other then Nexus 5 is also there and this phone also offers everything that the S3 users would like to have in there next phone.
So my pick is between LG G2 Flex and Nexus 5.
You can also check the specifications of both of these before going to any of these.
LG G2 Flex -
LG Nexus 5 -

Collapse -
How about an S4?
by Pepe7 / December 21, 2013 12:10 AM PST

Done Wink

Collapse -
by Rayfrost32898 / December 21, 2013 3:06 AM PST
In reply to: How about an S4?

Yeah i have thought about that but im afraid the phone slows down after about 3 month of usage

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 21, 2013 3:35 AM PST
In reply to: hi

I've never found this to be true. That is I clear the cache, etc. and it's back to speed.

Are phones the new "Windows?"

Collapse -
SG Note 3
by valexer / December 21, 2013 9:34 AM PST

Galaxy Note 3 is my choie. Other alternatives would be LG G2 and Xperia Z1 ultra. If you want to save by the way, you could also check Mi3 from Xiaomi. It's pretty decent chinese phone that can go toe to toe with the phones mentioned above. Happy

Collapse -
iphone 5s ?
by Rayfrost32898 / December 21, 2013 5:10 PM PST
In reply to: SG Note 3

Gs3 and lg g2 are pretty good phones but they are too big . They cant even fit in the pocket !
Should i choose an iphone 5S ?

Collapse -
s4 is best
by angelamorgan516 / December 22, 2013 11:45 PM PST

you can choose samsung glaxy s4, it have really good features than other and also its easy to use.

Collapse -
Do you own one? What about Knox?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2013 11:59 PM PST
In reply to: s4 is best
Collapse -
by angelamorgan516 / December 24, 2013 7:41 PM PST

so what do you think which mobile is best.....what do you think about the way i am not getting these problems as you mentioned in link

Collapse -
Had one
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2013 11:10 PM PST
In reply to: hi

The one with the 8MP camera. Very nice after I added a battery 3X the capacity.

If budget was no issue, for me it's an iPhone or Nexus. Samsung is losing me over their tinkering with apps, security and more.

Collapse -
ill choose the htc one
by Rayfrost32898 / December 23, 2013 1:54 AM PST
In reply to: s4 is best

The s4 doesnt have a good built quality : i had an s3 and after only one fall it broke. Ill definetly choose the htc one .

Collapse -
by angelamorgan516 / December 24, 2013 7:43 PM PST
In reply to: ill choose the htc one

I think you may need a mobile made of steel

Collapse -
Have to disagree......
by birdmantd Forum moderator / December 25, 2013 12:59 AM PST
In reply to: ill choose the htc one

I bought a phone cover for my S4 (not an Otterbox) and I am very happy with the build quality.

Collapse -
phone for Christmas
by iminmessaging / December 23, 2013 3:49 AM PST

As you want a phone with 2 GB ram minimum, 2500 ma battery, minimum8 megapixel minimum, Quadcore, Full hd display, 1.7 Ghz, min4-5.5 inches screen, Multitouch these specifications then I would like to suggest you that you should go for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. All features are available in this phone which you want in your phone. So you should go for Samsung Note 2.

Collapse -
htc one
by Rayfrost32898 / December 23, 2013 4:39 PM PST

Should i choose the htc one ?anyone have it ?

Collapse -
i bought
by Rayfrost32898 / December 24, 2013 9:17 PM PST
In reply to: htc one

I finally bought an htc one and i can tell u its the best smartphone ive ever used

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.