Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

Which Macbook PRO hardware is compatible with mine?

by macliker / September 8, 2013 2:12 PM PDT

I have a late 2007 MBPRO 15.4-inch: 2.4GHz(MA896LL/A)

HARD DRIVE 160GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm
RAM 2GB (two SO-DIMMs) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)

HELLO ALL

I HAVE SPENT 800 DOLLARS ON MY MBP ONLY HAD IT A YEAR AND THE LOGIC BOARD FAILED
I WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE OUT OF MY INVESTMENT

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF TO GET ANOTHER COMPATIBLE MBP CHEAP FOR PARTS AND JUST USE MY RAM/ HARD DRIVE /ADAPTER

MY QUESTION IS

WHICH MBPROS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH MINE
SO I CAN INTERCHANGE PARTS ?

THANKS

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Macbook PRO hardware is compatible with mine?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Macbook PRO hardware is compatible with mine?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You might want to invest in a new keyboard too,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / September 9, 2013 8:52 AM PDT

looks like the CAPS lock is stuck on yours.

To answer your question, the MBP 15.4" 2.4Ghz(MA896LL/A) is really the only machine that is compatible with yours.
Others may be similar but do not have ports, plugs and other necessary stuff in the right place.

Check eBay for machines that go for parts but, be aware that a lot go for parts because of Water Damage

P

Collapse -
specifically
by macliker / September 9, 2013 10:02 AM PDT

I spoke to a mac repair place and they said it would need to be the same generation
i was hoping I could get a newer machine without a hard drive and ram and optical drive and use my old stuff
just a couple years newer like 08 and 09

Collapse -
That's not much savings and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 9, 2013 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: specifically
Collapse -
I see
by macliker / September 9, 2013 12:01 PM PDT

'
Well then maybe sell the machine for parts and get another or get a duplicate machine
trying to minimize the expense since I already spent 800 more or less

Collapse -
For 399
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2013 4:12 AM PDT
In reply to: I see

Here we get new laptops that perform very well. 800 for a 2007 machine is a lot. When geeks.com was around this might be seen complete in the "B" grade for about 399 or less so keep shopping.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.