Audio & Video Software forum

Which is the best graphics platform for gaming?

by Mmryanthny / September 21, 2012 5:34 AM PDT

The Toshiba S875-S7242 uses a Mobile Intel HD, is it good? How does it compare with the Nvidia? I will need it for gaming. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which is the best graphics platform for gaming?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which is the best graphics platform for gaming?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Bad news.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2012 5:40 AM PDT

So far, any onboard graphics solution like this Intel has had gamers screaming. Your gamer will be very upset.

And certainly the gamers know to avoid laptops entirely due to the costs and shorter life spans.

-> Today it's a crap shoot with your PC, and consoles. But most of the decision is made for you by the GAME in question and how much you can afford to rent your few year machine.

Collapse -
Laptop graphics
by Mmryanthny / September 21, 2012 5:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Bad news.

Thanks for the help. I need to use a laptop, I know PC's are better, I've never heard of the Mobile Intel. I've always heard that Nvidia is the best. Since I need to choose between evils which is better? If you know. Thank you again.

Collapse -
Try the CNET Laptop Buying Forum.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2012 5:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Laptop graphics

It's sticky is at

I recently added a link to the Amazon best seller list and my advice is to look what's there that is a gamer's laptop.

The first one I see is this one ->

This is a fine DESKTOP replacement but students tend to break 17 inch units fast. Too big.

A link on that page led me to which is very interesting. Lower price, and for young folk the 1080 display will be fine.

Collapse -
Not Good for Gaming Purpose
by aahnagupta85 / December 9, 2012 5:01 PM PST

As you want an laptop with best graphic platform.As toshiba S875-S7242 is not good for hardcore gaming experience.As if u look at the specs the graphic card is integrated not dedicated , its intel not Nvidia.This all things indicates only one thing it is not made for Powerful gaming experince.

Collapse -
Which is the best graphics platform for gaming
by tomerryder / April 5, 2013 7:52 PM PDT

PC's have no hardware limits, there is so many variations unlike PS3 and Xbox. If you have the money for a good PC, the pc is king. Otherwise, the Xbox slim is better, then a PS3, then a Xbox phat!

Collapse -
which is the best graphics for gaming
by jlynn149 / May 13, 2013 3:55 AM PDT

I would find a laptop with the best graphic platforms to start. Research will take time, but it will be worth it.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.