Phones forum

Question

WHich is best mobile phone for low light action photography

by nrkazmi / November 27, 2011 11:42 PM PST

I am looking forward for the best among the latest mobile phones which has the best camera module to take low light action shots. Money is not an issue, I simply want a mobile phone, whose camera is able to quickly focus in low light and capture action shots indoors like in parties, concerts etc.
Please keep in mind that I have plenty of good digicams but I want a portable all in one solution combining phone with camera, so kindly guide me as to which is the best for the purpose stated above
Thanks in advance

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WHich is best mobile phone for low light action photography
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WHich is best mobile phone for low light action photography
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Easy- none of them are adequate
by Pepe7 / November 28, 2011 12:26 AM PST

Understand, the tiny sensor size and lens opening is the issue. You need a DSLR for such purposes. Look online for the best prices. Today's a great day to find a basic kit entry level DSLR package for <$500.

Collapse -
I have to agree with Pepe7
by birdmantd Forum moderator / November 28, 2011 6:04 AM PST

Cell phone cameras are not an adequate DSLR replacement. The camera on the phone is mostly for convenience. Pepe7 is correct.

It would be the same as asking which cellphone would be a good laptop computer replacement.

Collapse -
Answer
I agree. None.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2011 7:20 AM PST
Collapse -
And reading your update the answer looks to be "none"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 29, 2011 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: I agree. None.

If I had to quibble even though I use my camera in the phone more often now, the time to get to the camera app, and click, focus, etc. is too long for you.

Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Well, I do need a phone with good cam
by nrkazmi / November 28, 2011 11:59 PM PST

Well, I know that majority would advice to buy DSLR, and in fact I own a one, but I cannot stuff it in my pocket and cannot carry it all the time, as I do with my mobile phone. I know that the recent mobile phones have a good camera modules on them, like Nokia N8, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Sensation, Xperia Arc S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Infuse 4G and so on and so forth.
I have seen their samples on variois fora and they seem good. By low light I mean normal indoor lighting conditions which means normal indoor florescent lightings. I am not talking about very dim lights or next to darkness. I am talking about normal indoor lighting at night time. I am currently using Nokia N97 and HTC Touch HD, but both these mobile cams are slow to focus and the time between focusing and taking shot is long, so on one hand I miss the exact moment, on the other hand the image captured is blurry and has lots of noise. I am not interested in video recordings, just a good camera.
So what would you suggest based on these needs and from the mobile phones currently available in the market??
Thanks

Collapse -
I'm still waiting for one to appear
by Pepe7 / November 29, 2011 11:12 PM PST

IME none of them still come close to even very basic point and shoot digital cameras from Canon or Nikon, etc. Shutter speed is also an issue.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.