Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

Which is best? Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

by sharmatanu / August 16, 2012 8:27 PM PDT

I want to know your reviews about both Browser. Mozilla & Chrome.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which is best? Chrome or Firefox Mozilla
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which is best? Chrome or Firefox Mozilla
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: browsers
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 16, 2012 8:35 PM PDT

First: Mozilla isn't a browser. Mozilla is a company that makes a browser, called Firefox. Chrome is a browser; it's made by a company called Google.

Both programs are reviewed by our download.com staff. You'll find a "read review" link on http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?tag=pfindersrch&searchtype=downloads&query=browser&filter=platform=Windows|&filterName=platform=Windows|

Since both are free, why not try both and use the one you like most? Or even better, use each one for those sites and purposes you find it best for.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Which is best? Chrome or Firefox Mozilla
by Jason_Martin / August 21, 2012 5:03 AM PDT

I am using Mozilla Firefox and I have used chrome also but I like Mozilla. it is best for all the time and its speed is also very nice.

Collapse -
Answer
avant browser
by bella2011111 / August 23, 2012 6:08 PM PDT

You may give avant browser tri-core version a try. It has integrated the engine of firefox and chrome, as well as support the ie engine coming with the windows system. Having used all three engines for a while in avant browser tri-core, I feel that the memory leak problem can't be avoided in firefox engine thoroughly after using long time , particularly some sites badly coded could bring serious memory leak. In this case, chrome engine seems much better compared to firefox engine, as closing some pages can release completely the memory taken by them, as a result, memory leak is prevented. On the other hand, opening too many pages using chrome engine caused the memory usage to be swallowed quickly, in contrast, firefox engine consumes less memory as a whole in normal condition. So everything has two sides, the obverse and the reverse come in company. It's hard to say which is best. Only the one suitable for you could be thought as the best. My opinion is that for some machines with low performance, firefox engine based browser is preferable, while at high performance machines, each one works good. For me, I choose the tri-core browser instead of the real chrome and firefox for saving the trouble of importing and exporting bookmarks and other important data frequently between different browsers. In Avant Browser, the online bookmarks, online autofill, and other preferences can be synced between my office and home, they're share by all three engine as well. The most nifty feature is that I can call any time any engine wanted easily as anywhere I can find the option to call them. The launch speed of the whole browser as well as each engine is rather fast. Furthermore, some sites having rendering problem in certain engine or needing to install extra plugins, I customize them to be rendered by other engines. That means opening the site via the address bar or some other spots in avant browser will start the predefined engine automatically, and this action is transparent to the user. Likewise, the user doesn't know when the engine exit after closing the site. I can think of these advantages so far.

Collapse -
Answer
Firefox is better
by brand_sanche / August 29, 2012 4:29 PM PDT

I have tried google chrome once or twice but it crashes frequently so I switched to Firefox.

Collapse -
I had the opposite problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 30, 2012 2:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Firefox is better

Go figure!

Collapse -
Answer
Chrome is better, for now.
by stvjhson / August 31, 2012 12:18 PM PDT

I would say chrome is better since Google is improving it at much faster steps with Mozilla. Chrome performs faster than firefox as fast as my personal experience is concerned.

I'd like to recommend another less-known browser called SlimBrowser ( http://www.slimbrowser.net ) that is also my personal favorite. It's the only browser with internally implemented full-featured form filler. It saves me a lot of strokes every day.

Collapse -
Answer
Always best Mozilla's Firefox
by robertlee749 / September 16, 2012 9:57 PM PDT

Hi,
According to my sense, i used that two browsers, but in both of Firefox browser work seems well, and its page loading is also good compare to chrome..try that.Now Firefox 13.01 version also available in market with beta testing approved.

Collapse -
Answer
I suggest Mozilla Firefox..
by ROCKSHELL / September 22, 2012 3:10 AM PDT

I have Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox on my laptop.
comparing those three browsers. Firefox is much useful for me.
Ever since, i did not encounter any problem regarding Firefox.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.