Computer Help

General discussion

Which internet fax service is best?

by dawnsden / October 12, 2009 5:13 AM PDT

I need to get an internet fax service (such as efax) and I know I need to pay for it but WHICH one should I get? There are so many services out there. It is really hard to weed out which services are most reliable, safest, cheapest. I would love to hear other people's experiences with these services. Thanks for everyone's help! Tricia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which internet fax service is best?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which internet fax service is best?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RingCentral
by davethesuave / November 2, 2009 11:37 PM PST

Hi Tricia. I have been using RingCentral for the past month, and HOLD ON: I am just about to drop them, and find something else. I was on the phone with tech support last week for 45 minutes. They have something called "Call Controller", and sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not work. I am an intermediate-level computer user, and very frustrated.
As you indicated, when you search for this type of service, there are plenty of vultures circling overhead hoping to grab your business {money}, but it does not seem simple to just find an unbiased review of the Many services out there.
I guess I'll look into My Fax, or eFax next. They could not be more irritating than RingCentral {I pray to God}.
Let me knwo if you have found something worthwhile in the meantime, thanks.

Collapse -
Internet Fax service
by dawnsden / November 3, 2009 1:03 AM PST
In reply to: RingCentral

Thanks for responding to my request. I decided to go with MyFax.com. The setup went smoothly and all of my test faxes have gone OK but I haven't had a chance to use it much. One thing I did notice is that it seems to take 2 pages to send a 1 page email which of course you are charged for. You may want to ask them abouot that. I plan to call them and ask. Good luck, Tricia

Collapse -
OK
by davethesuave / November 3, 2009 1:20 AM PST
In reply to: Internet Fax service

OK thanks for the update. But why is it so hard to go to a site and get impartial opinions about this? Good luck also. I guess I should shrug my shoulders and say I'll try it? Irritating!!

Collapse -
Impartial Opinions?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / November 3, 2009 5:13 AM PST
In reply to: OK

Most opinions about any product are quite the opposite.. The user has become quite "partial" to the product and that's exactly why they recommend them. So I guess it's not quite clear what you're asking for..

As to why many users don't use a computer to FAX documents, and possibly the reason why you don't get many opinions on the topic, it can be a pain depending on how much FAXing you actually do.. We send and receive a LOT of FAX documents at our agency, hundreds of pages daily, and we find it much easier and economical to use the basic FAX machine which connects to a telephone line.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.