Phones forum

Question

Which Independent app for Note 3 for Calendar,Notes,address

by syntax499 / October 19, 2013 2:11 PM PDT

Whether I buy a computer or phone I do not like apps installed without asking me if I want them.
Also I don't like being tied to Google, Hotmail, Microsoft, etc

I want an independent app on my Samsung Note 3 that has a calendar, notes, & address book that I can update & swap between my pnone & pc without being tied to any other system/software.

Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird are an example of what I want for my phone/pc

Any help/suggestions much apprecaited

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Independent app for Note 3 for Calendar,Notes,address
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Independent app for Note 3 for Calendar,Notes,address
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I don't think there is such a thing today.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2013 3:53 PM PDT

The S pen is pretty much gold when it comes to notes so I can't guess why you won't test drive a Note 3 before you buy it.

As it is android you can install whatever you want but I fear you have some issue that I can only guess why you wrote you wanted a clean device with no apps. For many reasons, there is no such thing.
Bob

Collapse -
Manufacturers apps miss the point of detail in their use
by syntax499 / October 20, 2013 2:16 PM PDT

I have a Samsung note 3, all I want to do with it is ring phone numbers, get sms, keep a calendar, keep notes, keep addresses, nothing else, so I don't even want an internet connection

The calendar app supplied is useless, anybody who thinks it is ok does not know how to use a calendar properly, outlook calendar was ok but now you have to pay for it so goodbye to outlook

Nowhere can I find an address book & haven't looked at notes yet but I expect it to be just as useless as the calendar

Collapse -
Yes, the calendar app is that bad.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2013 3:16 PM PDT

I can only guess what's going on here but as we can install any app we want, why not try a few until you get what you want?

It's much more open than say those other systems.
Bob

Collapse -
Yes, Notes is also pathetic
by syntax499 / October 21, 2013 2:50 PM PDT
Collapse -
Companionlink software is pretty good IME
by Pepe7 / October 22, 2013 4:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
Support for my query is appreciated
by syntax499 / October 22, 2013 1:44 PM PDT

Thanks for the link & info from other members, link has been bookmarked

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.