Desktops forum

Question

Which Computer Would Be Better?

by Warpify / December 2, 2012 1:46 AM PST

Hey CNET this is my first post so I just wanna say Hi!

So my question is which computer should I get for Christmas. I know I can build my own computer but I'm way to scared that I wouldn't be able to put it together and the fact that I wouldn't know which parts are compatible with each other.

So here's the two computers:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437

The second one just went on sale it used to be 549 dollars now it's just 500.

The specs are on the site so please tell me which one would be better for like running games and running apps and stuff.

I wanna play like Minecraft and Trouble in Terrorist town and stuff and I do Graphics so it's gotta be able to run Photoshop and After Effects fast. Thanks guys Happy

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Computer Would Be Better?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Computer Would Be Better?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Nod to the AMD Radeon HD 7750
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2012 1:49 AM PST

You can research which video card games better on tomshardware.com but either should run the apps you mentioned as well as similar machines.
Bob

Collapse -
Help me out...
by Warpify / December 2, 2012 1:53 AM PST

So are you saying the AMD Rad 7750 is better? Because that is what I was thinking. The only thing about the second computer that I find a bit disappointing is the fact that it has a 300w psu...

Is that bad?

Collapse -
No, I wrote you could research benchmarks to confirm it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2012 9:40 AM PST
In reply to: Help me out...

The newer GPUs do draw less power so as we see advances we see the usually 500+ Watt PSU shrink in size.

The maker of the PC usually has done the power tests. Or we hope they do.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
I'd go with the $499 one
by wpgwpg / December 2, 2012 1:53 AM PST

I'd go with the $499 one because it's less expensive and has double the hard drive space.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Thank You!
by Warpify / December 2, 2012 1:54 AM PST

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was also thinking Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.