LG forum

Question

Which 3D TV should I get? Samsung or LG?

by samune / July 25, 2011 3:42 PM PDT

I want to buy a 3D TV but I'm not sure which one I should buy. I know LG has a new 3D TV. If anyone here has it, can you tell me how it is? I've been looking at the Samsung ones but everyone keeps talking about the new LG 3D TV and I want to buy the better one (obviously). Please recommend an affordable 3D TV.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which 3D TV should I get? Samsung or LG?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which 3D TV should I get? Samsung or LG?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
LG 55LW5600
by LJoe2000 / July 26, 2011 1:31 AM PDT

I don't know the size TV you are looking for, but the 55" 55LW5600 is about $1450 to $1500 at bestbuy.com, which they will honor in the store if you mention it. Check on-line first because the price changes frequently. This is hands down the best deal I've seen in a while (I originally paid $1900 for it).

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) for me LG
by techpost75 / November 24, 2011 4:03 PM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Check the Samsung Thread
by materazzi5000 / December 9, 2011 7:13 AM PST

Before you buy, look at the Samsung thread and the number of complaints about quality and customer service.

Collapse -
Answer
<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZC3JP2/ref=a
by Blue_Arsed_Fly / December 12, 2011 7:00 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
re: Which 3D TV should I get? Samsung or LG?
by Austin-K / December 13, 2011 1:41 PM PST

probably late to help you but may be benefit for others, the question is not Samsung to LG, but LCD vs LCD. LED of course as its the next generation. Then its Full Array back-lighting verses edge-lighting - non-3D systems. Full Array is better but does have small issues but still is superior. If you add the requirement for 3D, active vs passive. Go passive as active has way too many con's. WAY too many. The problem is if you want full array LED system, you will need to go Active 3D. Only edge LED systems have passive.

Collapse -
Answer
I am very impressed with LG 3D cinema/smart TV LED
by 2shoog / January 12, 2012 1:57 PM PST

I just bought an LG 47" 5600 3DTV and I couldn't be happier. It has ALL the bells and whistles and does more than I even suspected and it even swivels,it's on-line smart, has LG apps a wand remote like Wii etc. Picture is beautiful and it's an LED which is better since the glasses make the picture a shade darker. It's an 1nch and a1/2 thick and can get netflix, hulu and all that. No glare like my plasma and 120 refresh rate--600 is 3x more expensive. I am very happy with it. It's above and beyond my expectations.

Collapse -
Answer
Definitely LG
by elvenkeith / May 13, 2012 6:30 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
I Prefer LG
by lenny_sylvia / May 21, 2012 3:09 PM PDT

Considering how late this reply is, I'll assume you already bought your TV but this can help others that would use this thread as a reference. This question is like asking which came first, the egg or the chicken? It would lead to a never ending debate. But as for me, I prefer LG. Aside from the great aesthetic design of their TVs, I find their passive 3D technology very convenient. No flickering which is present in active 3D TVs, more comfortable lightweight glasses and user friendly interface. They also offer their TVs at very competitive prices. If I had to make a second choice, I would opt for a Panasonic plasma because I have used their TVs in the past with no complaints.

Collapse -
Answer
LM9600 LG's New TV
by JaneSparks / May 21, 2012 4:28 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.