Phones forum

Where can I buy NFC tags (physical stores in NYC area)?

by rmintzes / December 31, 2012 1:09 AM PST

So I got a Galaxy SIII a couple weeks back and I'm interested in buying NFC tags for some various automation tasks/general tech screwing around and experimentation. I ordered a starter pack online from Tagstand about 10 days ago, though it's taking a while for the tags to be delivered. Even though I'm patient enough to wait for the delivery, I'd like to know if there are any tech/electronics stores in the New York City area that sell NFC tags. I've been to Radio Shack and no luck, and the wireless provider stores I've been to thus far haven't had them. I understand that the appeal of NFC in smartphones is relatively new (and probably won't go fully mainstream until they put the devices in an iPhone), but I really see the potential of the technology and want to see it proliferate. So, anyone know where one could find NFC tags?

Thanks for the help.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where can I buy NFC tags (physical stores in NYC area)?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where can I buy NFC tags (physical stores in NYC area)?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
by aperuler / September 8, 2013 4:54 PM PDT

did you end up finding a store that sells these nfc tags in the nyc area? i'm looking for the same thing.

All Answers

Collapse -
Have you ....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / December 31, 2012 2:51 AM PST

....tried doing an internet search for the term "NFC" and the zipcode in that area. Might find some local retailers nearby. Afraid I am not in your area and cannot suggest a particular store.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.