Mac OS forum

Resolved Question

Where are the red,yellow and green dots?

by MacManOSXLion / September 10, 2011 1:55 PM PDT

In Lion, when you are in full screen mode with any type of window, where are the red, yellow and green dots? I looked at the top left, top right and I don't see them anywhere?The only solution I have come up with is to click on the top right box to make the window smaller again and then I can find the colored dots.

MacManOSXLion has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where are the red,yellow and green dots?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where are the red,yellow and green dots?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by MacManOSXLion

Collapse -
If you mean
by Jimmy Greystone / September 10, 2011 11:13 PM PDT

If you mean the close, maximize, and minimize window control buttons, those will disappear in full screen mode. Otherwise it wouldn't really be full screen would it?

Collapse -
Than how do you...
by MacManOSXLion / September 11, 2011 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: If you mean

Than how do you close, maximize, minimize when you are in full screen mode?

Collapse -
You don't
by Jimmy Greystone / September 11, 2011 1:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Than how do you...

You don't... That's the whole point of full screen. The app window takes up... You guessed it: the full screen. The app and the screen are one, like on a cell phone, or some kind of zen buddhist saying.

If you want to be able to manipulate the window dimensions, then you don't want full screen mode.

Collapse -
You should be able to...
by MacManOSXLion / September 11, 2011 5:16 AM PDT
In reply to: You don't

I understand what you said but before I got Lion I was in OS X 10.4. I know, that was about 5 years ago but I would stretch an open window so that it took up the entire screen and you could still see the maximize, minimize and close buttons. In Lion, they could still have those buttons, except hidden until you move your cursor to the upper, left hand side of the window and than you would see them, not until than, How about that for an idea? I like Lion, don't get me wrong and I like full screen and it is not that big of a deal not seeing the buttons but I think my idea is the best of both worlds.

Collapse -
Feel free
by Jimmy Greystone / September 11, 2011 6:44 AM PDT

Feel free to pass that along to Apple, but whether or not they decide to change that for 10.8 is up to them. No one here has any real sway over that sort of thing.

Collapse -
How do you send suggestions to Apple?
by MacManOSXLion / September 11, 2011 6:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Feel free

I know there is a bug report button when you are using Safari but that is usually for a website that is not working properly with Safari. Where do you send suggestions or quirks if you are in an Apple program to?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.