Mac Applications forum

Question

Where are the back/forward buttons in Outlook for Mac 2011?

by maryde / April 19, 2011 10:01 PM PDT

I'm new to Mac and new to the Office for Mac 2011 software and I cannot for the life of me find where the back/forward buttons are in Outlook. On my PC I frequently use those buttons when I easily want to go back to the folder I was just in, etc. Anyone know where these buttons are in the new Mac Outlook? Thanks in advance for your help!! Mary

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where are the back/forward buttons in Outlook for Mac 2011?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where are the back/forward buttons in Outlook for Mac 2011?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I use Outlook 2010 at work and I have never seen
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / April 20, 2011 3:13 AM PDT

these back/forward buttons of which you speak.
What folders do you go back and forward to?

P

Collapse -
re: I use Outlook 2010 at work and I have never seen
by maryde / April 20, 2011 7:34 AM PDT

in outlook 2010, if you go all the way to the top of the screen where the tiny icons are (called the Quick Access Toolbar) above the main big tool bar, there is one that looks like an eject button. if you click on that, that is to customize the Quick Access Toolbar and you can add the back/forward buttons.

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Buttons
by macnerd10 / April 20, 2011 4:37 AM PDT

I cannot find these either. And Entourage does not have them as well. However, the left column in both Entourage and Outlook 2011 has all the available folders, like in the Mail app. One can just click on any of them and it will open. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Collapse -
folder list
by maryde / April 20, 2011 7:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Buttons

right, i can see all the folders on the left (i have hundreds), but if I'm working with several folders at once, it is very helpful to be able to toggle back and forth among them with a back/forward button, especially if you need to go through folders in order.

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Ahh, I see them now,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / April 20, 2011 8:29 AM PDT

not that I use them.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
As per Macworld review
by macnerd10 / April 20, 2011 11:56 AM PDT

There is no such thing. The Quick Access Toolbar has a very limited number of items/icons, unlike Windows. Because I cannot paste anything here, do a Google search on Macworld Outlook 2011 review and you can read a professional take on this.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.