Computer Help forum

When I send something, strange words are added.

by niluh01 / September 28, 2012 6:28 AM PDT

Evertyime I send something via e-mail, or post something on my blog, strange words are added at the end of my post. Something like this: Preferences 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace Tab q w e r t y u i o p Return

I can't see them, however, before I send it. It is quite frustrating, and I need to solve this problem quickly, before, I write some formal mails.

Can anyone help me?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: When I send something, strange words are added.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: When I send something, strange words are added.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Your issue with data added to postings
by castillok47 / November 27, 2012 3:56 AM PST

What OS platform are you using? MAC or WIN? What version? Do you have Anti Virus installed? if yes then what are you using? Do you use any type of translation software? I am working with another individual with the same issue and her issue started at the same time.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: strange words
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 28, 2012 6:37 AM PDT

I'd start with trying another browser (choose from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, all are free).
Then, if that doesn't help, a new Windows account.
Then, if that doesn't help, another keyboard.

Collapse -
Are you copying and pasting text from one place to...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / September 28, 2012 8:30 AM PDT

another, when this happens? Sometimes this happens when using MS Word or other word processor--where you copy the text and paste it to another source (submission form), while it doesn't show up initially, when the content is published, the copy and pasted text adds strange text or code that can't be seen until published.

If this is the case, copy and paste the bulk text into a plain text editor and then copy page that into that submission form and publish. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.