Samsung forum

When i press one of the Fs the computer freezes and i cannot

by orlandini22 / December 27, 2012 6:21 AM PST

I've got a Samsung RV510 laptop with Windows 7 HP 64 bit. About 2 weeks ago, I was watching a Youtube video and my computer suddenly froze. I restarted the computer and the laptop was so slow that i could not access any doc/internet/program than i reinstalled the windows (used the cd which come with the laptop). It worked fine until i try to access a video in the youtube. Than i had to turn off and now whe i turn the laptop on it ask me to press f2 or f8 (another F something). when i press one of the Fs the computer freezes and i cannot access the bios or do anything ( cannot boots from CD ). the guy who is `fixing` my laptop and told me that is not possible to fix. That my laptop has a problem with the bios and is necessary to update the bios, but to update the bios he has to enter into the windows which is not possible because it won`t pass through the bios. Please what can i do?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: When i press one of the Fs the computer freezes and i cannot
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: When i press one of the Fs the computer freezes and i cannot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My dad and I have the rv515.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2012 6:52 AM PST

I see the rv510 came with a DVDRW drive so I take that is what you have. Here it boots from that drive fine. If they get old (2+years about) then you see the boot feature fail but it looks newer than that. I doubt a BIOS update will fix a non-booting CD.

Something odd about this story. If this is in a repair shop and they can't fix it, why leave it there?

Collapse -
samsung laptop
by orlandini22 / December 27, 2012 8:25 AM PST

the place where i am fixing my laptop charge a small price, so i am trying first with this guy that i know than if he is unable to fix i will take the computer to a samsung support centre.

Collapse -
CD/DVD boot issues should be a quick response.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2012 9:03 AM PST
In reply to: samsung laptop

My friend's shop answers that in minutes. It's a common issue so it's rather sad to read they didn't tell you the usual answer or show you how many units can use some USB DVDRW drive (which are very cheap.)

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.