Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Question

Whats your opinion on after google peguin updated?

by seo4ceo / August 19, 2012 9:12 PM PDT

Whats your opinion on after google peguin updated?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Whats your opinion on after google peguin updated?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Whats your opinion on after google peguin updated?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Good
by robertjonesguy / August 22, 2012 4:21 PM PDT

My opinion for the latest Google update, is very good idea by Google because all website owners that are over optimizing their site will be affected and devalued from Google search engine. But, there are lots or easy solutions to recover from this update. Check your website's backlink then remove all the backlinks that are pointing to your site, then start creating original content or article and then share it to social media sites. Becuase Google prefered more about social signals nowadays. Also, submit your link to high authority related websites only and do guest posting as well.

Collapse -
Answer
Penguin update
by alphaomegalady / September 2, 2012 6:29 PM PDT

SEO professionals have to be more careful about link building, try to get backlinks from high quality sites so Google won't think our links as spams. Also, unique content is still very vital. Remove all duplicate contents and replace them with somethings fresh and original.

Collapse -
Answer
Interesting video about Google Panguin update....
by Monikacdn / September 25, 2012 4:58 PM PDT

Hi, we all know about Google penguin update and we can remember it in a very simple way by watching a very interesting video. Here i am giving its link. So watch the video and enjoy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0St9B1kmJ2g

Collapse -
Answer
Opinion on the Penguin update from Google
by InMotionHosting / May 1, 2013 8:49 AM PDT

Hello Seo4ceo,

I was looking through the questions on this forum and thought that this open post of almost a year ago is something to reflect upon. Especially since many people are STILL believing in the old way of doing SEO.

The main purpose of the update was to stop people from "gaming" the system, where they can simply use key word stuffing or other non-helpful strategies to get their content listed at the top of the search results. They want quality and meaningful content to be at the top of their search results. Otherwise, using a particular search engine could end up being a waste of time. Why use a tool that doesn't find information for your needs?

Watch out for those who promise "quick results" with only a minimal effort and minimal content. Shortcuts in SEO are being closely watched in order to make sure that search results are valid. If you think that you can beat the "system" - I'd recommend against it. They employ quite a few smart people out there in Google, Bing, and Yahoo.

Quite simply, you need to concentrate on publishing QUALITY, relevant, and timely content to your specific customer-base. If you do that and people find value in your work, you will see your search placement climb. I would also recommend making sure that you make use of the resources that people are putting out there. Especially, for those of you who aren't following the changes in SEO. As the world gets more and more connected, you'll find that people tend to find out very quickly what is valid and valuable as opposed to those simply trying to make a quick buck.

I keep hearing that SEO is "dead", but I would say that it's evolved (and evolving) to include social media and its various avenues. Use social media to make your customers aware, involved and believing in your "brand". Building up your core identify this way will help you weather any of the changes as they occur because you'll always have that core of loyal customers who believe in you.

Want to some validation on what I'm saying? Check out Google's Matt Cutts (he's got a slew of videos in Youtube on the subject of SEO) as well others like SEOMoz who are dedicated to this industry. I'll end with a paraphrase (as I'm not sure of the exact wording) from Matt Cutts (he's currently the head of Google's Webspam team) on SEO: "We may never really be rid of the current definition of SEO, but instead of Search Engine Optimization, we should call it Search Experience Optimization." Focus on publishing quality content for your customers, and keeping it relevant and timely.

Arnel C.

Collapse -
So what happens when I don't use google?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 1, 2013 8:52 AM PDT

What if I'm breaking the search bubble with duckduckgo.com?

What will you do now?
Bob

Collapse -
Other search egnines!
by InMotionHosting / May 1, 2013 11:38 AM PDT

Hi Bob,

Good point! Sorry, I only listed a few of the search engines out there. The main point of the original question was about our opinion on the Penguin update - which I believe doesn't apply to the search engine you mentioned.

However, would you use a search engine if it's going to take you several minutes to find relevant results? I guess, if your concern was for privacy (or monopoly) you could do that, but don't think for a moment that your search patterns aren't going to be used in order to improve their search algorithms.

I think I will to go check the old lycos.com search and then maybe look at dogpile.com.

Arnel C.

Collapse -
No criticism implied...
by InMotionHosting / May 1, 2013 11:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Other search egnines!

Sorry, if it appears I was criticizing duckduckgo.com's search speed - I wasn't. And you did get me interested in the search engine. There's always something new coming up on the web. I was reading this about duckduckgo:

http://help.duckduckgo.com/customer/portal/articles/216399

Have a great day!

Arnel C.

Collapse -
Here's more about the bubble.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 1, 2013 12:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Other search egnines!

SEO is broke because how how it all works (at google.) If I search and they can figure out it's me, my results change from another person's search.

So any SEO folk do is IMO, mostly a waste of time. If folk get back to basics and provide good service or content, the SEO works out for them
Bob

Collapse -
The ever-evolving SEO equation
by arncus1 / May 16, 2013 10:16 AM PDT

If you haven't heard, Google is again putting out a major update - mostly to help sift out the spammers and hackers out there as well as anyone trying to "game" the system and rank high when they shouldn't. Check out this video from Matt Cutts of Google for more info: What should we expect in the next few months in terms of SEO for Google?

Additionally, contrary to some, there are still some basic SEO tasks that you need to do in order to help get your web pages to rank high. SEOmoz.org is a great group that reviews the industry regularly and continues to put out good information. Check out this link for a great foundation on practicing SEO:

Blueprint on how to rank using SEO

As always, I hope the information helps provides clarity on the issues!

Regards,

Arnel C.
Community Support Team

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.