The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

What we would like...and what we could do without

by drjhunt / February 16, 2009 4:06 AM PST

I wondered if it might be worthwhile exploring in a positive fashion the additions and subtractions that might add to our collective enjoyment of our favourite podcast.

There has been a great deal of chat about the hosts, the dynamic and changes good and bad. I for one always return to BOL. It was the first podcast I subscribed to and remains my favourite. But it seems an appraisal may be in order..

To start things off, my thoughts are:

1) Keep the guest hosts coming. It creates a vibrant and changing flavour to the chat
2) Would it be worth having a lead host, like a chairperson at a meeting. Tom is king at steering the ship - he would get my vote
3) Tiny gripe - please stop referring to other show the topic was covered in. LOADED is prime example. It makes it sound like old news and a general feeling that priorities are elsewhere.

Only my opinion. What's yours?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What we would like...and what we could do without
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What we would like...and what we could do without
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
IMHO I think things are fine the way they are.
by robstak / February 16, 2009 5:09 AM PST

please change nothing. just want to go on record.

ily for ever and ever and ever!

-dr. karl

Collapse -
Thanks doc
by drjhunt / February 16, 2009 6:56 AM PST

professional courtesy dictates a tip o' the hat

Collapse -
np doc ;)
by robstak / February 16, 2009 11:28 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks doc

im guessing based on your handle, but am i guessing right? if so we should start a practice on main street in buzztown... lol Wink

Collapse -
Good plan..
by drjhunt / February 16, 2009 5:36 PM PST
In reply to: np doc ;)

I'm a medical guy rather than surgical, working as a GP in England (family practice)

Collapse -
(NT) heh im a pathologist ;)
by robstak / February 16, 2009 10:28 PM PST
In reply to: Good plan..
Collapse -
My only suggestion...
by paintguru / February 16, 2009 8:34 AM PST

Make the show once/week.

Collapse -
personally i agree with
by mementh / February 16, 2009 4:47 PM PST

personally i agree with the not mentioning that a story was already covered in another podcast.

Your doing Buzz Out Loud.. not promoting another podcast. (thats for the end of the show, leave it for Jason to promote like he should)

I think BOL now does center around Tom... Jason is the TWIC, but if either leaves.. it needs to be handeled with planning for the switchover.

The replacement needs to move in while the one leaving stays on for a while.. making it known upfront that the change will happen.... I think having the roating hosts and slowly moving the replacement in more often would be best.

but what do i know.. i am just a listener not management.

Collapse -
promoting other podcasts during the discussion...
by bnycastro / February 19, 2009 2:43 PM PST

I don't mind this. As long as the plugs at the end of the show are done in wrestler's voice impressions... BROTHERRRRRR! OOOOH YEAHHHHH!

Collapse -
(NT) cough cough T-SHIRTS cough cough...
by kwahhn / February 17, 2009 4:42 AM PST
Collapse -
do without
by dstanfor / February 17, 2009 5:33 AM PST

minor gripe: with the large number of rotating hosts, the email segments that end up going over the entire story again so that the new host can know what it's about are a pet peeve.

Collapse -
by Nicholas Buenk / February 19, 2009 4:44 PM PST

Put Molly on 2 days a week. Then Veronica and Dvorak once a week. Fitting in brian tong and cooley where possible, maybe doubled up with another guest to not miss anyone.

Well hey I can dream. Wink

Collapse -
Drinking Game
by skimike4 / February 20, 2009 6:35 AM PST

Instead of saying "drink" each time you say "these troubled economic times" say it each time Natali says "Loaded".

Get wasted every time!

Collapse -
Hic hic.....
by drjhunt / February 20, 2009 8:00 AM PST
In reply to: Drinking Game

take a double for any family member mentioned??

Collapse -
(NT) you should do a drunk cast, ill join at home!
by robstak / February 22, 2009 6:17 AM PST
In reply to: Drinking Game
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.