Small business & Startups

Question

What type of company would use these touch screens?

by COSInt / December 18, 2012 12:41 PM PST

My organization has over 300 new Amulet Technologies touch screens and we are trying to locate who the end users are so that we can try and make back some of the funds spent to purchase them. I've done the following to see them:

1. Directly to Amulet Technologies, they would not take them back as they are discontinued stock.
2. Directly to the distributors (Digi-Key, Mouser, Semiconductor, Nu Horizon, etc) would not take them as we are not a manufacture, they are older (2005) and have no warranty.
3.Electronics Brokers (received an offer from one for everything which was pennies for what we paid) otherwise, they are only offering us consigment.
4. A/V Installation companies, we emailed about 200 A/V installation companies personally and 6 responded saying no thank you.
5. Electronics Components store, most of them stated that they do not sell this type of item and passed on bidding.
6. I've also had it up on eBay for 3 weeks! No buyers or inquires as of yet.
I started to think who uses these types of touch screens, and the list was endless, banks, hosplitals, fast food places, airplanes, military, OMG! I want to nail down and locate who are the end users of these touch screens so that my organization can make back the most we can for these screens.

We have confirmed in writing from Amulet directly that the stock we have is fully operational and we have the original purchasing invoice proving they are authentic Amulet stock.

Any suggestions or ideas on end users would be very appreciated.

Below are all the specifics on these screens:

Amulet On-Board Module Information
MK-AOB 320240 5 B
Product Type: Amulet On-Board Module
Display Resolution: 320 x 240 Pixels
Display Type: 5.7" Graphic LCD
Display Modes:
B= STN Negative, Blue, Transmissive
Backlight Type: Ultrabright White LED (8)
Backlight Control: Digital Potentiometer
Contrast Control: Digital Potentiometer
Viewing Angle: 6 o'clock
Operating Temp: -20 C to 70 C
Temperature Comp: Yes
Power Requirement: 5Vdc (.25v) @ 250mA
Memory
HTML Storage Capacity: 8 megabit
Communication Interface
Communication Type: Amulet Protocol via UART
Data Rate (BAUD): 9,600 / 19,200 / 57,600 / 115,200 bps

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What type of company would use these touch screens?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What type of company would use these touch screens?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Ebay.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 2:29 PM PST

Take my advice and sell them on Ebay as new, no warranty and point them to some web page for the docs. I've seen surplus like this and no one takes such anymore in the US.

Bob

Collapse -
Good advise, still want to locate end user
by COSInt / December 18, 2012 3:24 PM PST
In reply to: Ebay.

Thanks vm and we recently revamped out eBay listing which includes the points you menton, good idea.

I am still searching for what type of end user would need these touch screens.

Collapse -
Folks that visit
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2012 4:54 AM PST

Make (.com)
robotshop (.com)

Collapse -
replay to Make (.com) Robot (.com)
by COSInt / December 19, 2012 10:08 AM PST
In reply to: Folks that visit

These are definitely places where I could post up an ad and sell them.

Does anyone know who the end users are for these types of screens?

Collapse -
Folk that make things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2012 10:39 AM PST

Here's a MAKE video. Folk have made all sorts of things from surplus or slightly out of date parts.

Collapse -
Any one else?
by COSInt / December 29, 2012 8:39 AM PST
In reply to: Folk that make things.

Does anyone else have any ideas of who uses these types of touch screens.

Collapse -
hi
by BrianMitchell1 / February 6, 2013 2:13 PM PST
In reply to: Any one else?

Ebay is enough good idea regarding this. I agree to ebay advices.

Collapse -
Answer
Does it have a datasheet?

Does it have a datasheet? If it does, I could be interested in one and you could PM me.

Some of your customers could be Adafruit, Parallax, Sparkfun, etc. The only problem is that you have a numbered quantity and they could sell your product but there is an end in sight unless you could get more.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.