How To forum

Question

what tablet lets you transfer a pdf book

by williampoiri / June 21, 2012 6:43 AM PDT

what tablet lets you transfer a pdf book
on you computer to the tablet without to much trouble,or rather by just tranfering it with a click or usb ine

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove exposed email address to prevent abuse on 06/21/2012 at 2:20 PM PT

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: what tablet lets you transfer a pdf book
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: what tablet lets you transfer a pdf book
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
what tablet lets you transfera pdf boook?
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 8:41 AM PDT

To my knowledge there are no restrictions, but I am confused over why, after having an Adobe Reader for so many
years and suffring no problems with it, I am being inundated with new pdf "reader" programs? Does this have anything to do with your original question??

Briana2006

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
All so far.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2012 7:07 AM PDT

I have some dozen tablets at the office so my answer is all can do this.

HOWEVER some have demanding requirements on the PDF viewer. I'm not writing the view is exactly the same but it does "view."
Bob

Collapse -
Congratulations, Holllye!!
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 8:48 AM PDT
In reply to: All so far.

I rhink I underdtand now what you are trying to get across. I have been introduced to a new PDF reader program, but my question is this: Is there someone else who is receiving this pdf as well? How do I know who is receiving the pdf, is it directed exactly where I command it to go or is there another detail I am missing altogether? How can
I be certain exactly if my mail or correspondence (or even drafts) are confidential?) Briana2006

Collapse -
My answer is no, PDFs and email do not do this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 9:44 AM PDT

In fact, all emails become nothing more than a database record in how many months? Let's find that article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_privacy#Privacy_issues

That's 180 days and then it's open to the government to read it. So neither the PDF or email assures that it goes to only the person you intended.

Rather than have me guess if you need DRM why not tell all?
Bob

Collapse -
What is the best remedy for me, in my case
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 1:28 PM PDT

You know my case, my situation. I am doing nothing illegal or wrong and don't care in 180 days if infomation is open to the government or an other agency, but these documents could be sensitive at the present time, if they were to fall into the wrong hands. hat is my remedy? Should I delete the program on my computerr now? I thought I knew the orginator, but apparently you are telling me I could be wrong about this. Could someone else be tryng to acqure my information now?

What is the safest, most secure thing I could do in order to make sure the legal informaton am working on now is not an open book to the public at this time? Thanks very much, Briana2006

Collapse -
If you recall how it was done then and now.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 2:30 PM PDT

We courier or email sensitive documents. Folk have forgotten about this in face of too easy to use email.

The moment you made it into the PDF, you made it easy for it to spread like crazy.

Sorry but if this must be secure, then we don't email it.
Bob

Collapse -
Scary thought !!!
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 4:19 PM PDT

I thank you for openng my eyes tonight, and I am not quite sure why . But, nonetheless, I have been given many things to think about and a few tasks to accomplish. I believe I need an ipad or Nook or perhaps, an ipod. I don't want to be cut off from the apple world forever, and don't allow it. BUT, as you know, I must run this by my manager. Briana2006

Collapse -
But I do not save pdf's for the. viewing of others.
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 5:11 PM PDT

when I download a. pdf, it is almost never for. the benefit of others, but as a convenient way to store information. It seems that this tool has become an avenue to acquire an electronic signature or other uses different from prior intent. Briana2006

Collapse -
As I thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 5:17 PM PDT

We don't have the full story or picture. All I read is that you don't want this information to get out. PDF is still a great way to disseminate information. More so for email.

If you want to safeguard information you never digitize it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Congratulations, Holllye!!
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 1:54 PM PDT

I need an ipod., I believe in order to access information that was originally afforded to me when I had an iphone but since I no longer have an iphone. I need some type of apple product to effectively gather the information . correct?
Thank you , Briana2006

Collapse -
WHY ASK THIS NOW?
by Briana2006 / June 25, 2012 5:30 PM PDT

I am wondering what may have triggered this dialogue. Anything specific? Or was. this just a way to get information to those who may need to think twice? Thanks for your input, Briana 2006

Collapse -
Sorry, this is williampoiri's discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 26, 2012 1:01 AM PDT
In reply to: WHY ASK THIS NOW?

Sometimes members forget a password and then continue under another name.

Sometimes folk jump in with a new question in someone's discussion and I am beginning to think this is what happened.

If you are not williampoiri, then you should start your own discussion.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.