Tablets forum

Question

What tablet is best for me?

by skellikat / November 28, 2012 11:59 AM PST

I would like to find a lower (under$300) priced tablet good for web browsing, email, reading, Netflix, accepts keyboard, occaisional limited note taking. Prefer Android. Camera would be great, so would some skype like capability, but not as essential as the rest! I am new to tablets. Appreciate any and all feed back.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What tablet is best for me?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What tablet is best for me?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like the Nexus 7 to me.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 1:27 PM PST
Collapse -
Answer
look at Google and Kindle tablets
by dmbflorida / November 30, 2012 2:37 PM PST

The Kim Komando web site has a chart comparing many of the tablets and the Yahoo.com site had a similar chart one or two weeks ago. If you need the larger size such as 10 inch, it will cost you a lot more than the smaller 7 inch ones. If you upgrade from 16 to 32, it costs more. Look at Nexus 7 ? Your purchase will be contingent on the wifi connectivity you use and expected type of use. I am going to buy my grandson a tablet after Christmas. He is proficient in p.c. usage (he is a webmaster) but as a frugal consumer, he wants to buy the ten inch Google, Nexus 7.
This device will supplement his personal laptop and many computers at work.

Collapse -
Answer
maybe a smaller android
by megthered / December 1, 2012 12:40 AM PST

I myself have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 because I needed the s-pen for note taking. I love it, it has a 10 inch screen and I have replaced my laptop with it. I can print, email, surf, video's, music and it's a great ereader. I also have my textbooks loaded and all of my notes are right there. My son is also in college and I got one for him too. It is $459 for the 16 gb and $549 for the 32 gb. That might be out of your price range, but we love it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.