Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

What's the diff. between FrontPage & Publisher?

by qybosh / March 11, 2006 2:30 AM PST

Anyone here tried publishing a website thru Publisher b4? I've tracked down a few free site that provide free hosting + domain and they support FrontPage. And since FrontPage is for Web creation and from Windows..that's about all I see the similarities.. Sad

So I like to know can I use these hosters since they support FrontPage....coz till now I've not come accross any that support Publisher...so what's the difference between the two anyway...

Pls anyone who've published thru Publisher b4, or anyone who can share...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What's the diff. between FrontPage & Publisher?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What's the diff. between FrontPage & Publisher?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Publisher websites.
by Sat Kartar / March 11, 2006 3:08 PM PST

APlus.net and via usa host publisher created sites, or more specifically the following link: http://wdu.aplus.net/mspage2/aplus.htm, this was on microsoft office online marketplace which can be accessed by clicking on the globe on the left of the popup toolbar that appears in publisher and then following the link to office online marketplace.

Good luck with your site,

Collapse -
SK ,Thanks for the info
by qybosh / March 11, 2006 8:38 PM PST
In reply to: Publisher websites.

Thanks for the info..I shall consider it when I'm ready to up for paid hosting.

Collapse -
To publish your site......
by qnuspp / March 11, 2006 6:33 PM PST

In publisher you need to open your website, then click file, save as, then in the "save as type" drop down box select web page. Find a location to save your site and click save.

You now need to find an ftp uploader, some are free or you may have been given one by your webhost. Using the ftp uploader you need to enter your ftp settings (which you can get from your webhost) and then locate your website that you saved earlier. Then click upload and transfer the files to your webspace.

If you require any more information/help just reply.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -
Andrew thanks 4 d advise...if u don't mind I still have some
by qybosh / March 11, 2006 8:07 PM PST

Hey! Thanks for the tips...yup I've done as advise Happy
''In publisher you need to open your website, then click file, save as, then in the ''save as type'' drop down box select web page. Find a location to save your site and click save.''

...and now I'm locating an ftp uploader...

Sidetrack a little..

FTP Server: *abcde.*1234host.com (ftp//abcde.1234host.com@abcde.1234host.com)<-- the hyperlink
FTP Login: abcde.1234host.com
FTP PassWord: ghijklm
* = example

Is that what you meant by my ''ftp settings by webhost'' (the info above)which u mentioned earlier...or the info INSIDE the ftp server hyperlink, of which I must access? What if I cannot seem to access its FTF Server even with the correct username and password. (Already contacted them but still waiting).....so I'd wish to learn will it be impossible to upload (presuming after I've got an FTP uploader installed) when I cannot login to the ftp server?

Collapse -
If you cannot log in on your ftp server......
by qnuspp / March 13, 2006 12:03 AM PST

Then your web host may have an online file uploader.

Although this would be slow as you would have to create all the directories (folders) yourself then upload the correct files to them.

Try entering the ftp address in your web browser to check that its not just your ftp uploader.

If that dosnt work, im afraid you will have to wait for a reply from your host.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.