Phones forum

General discussion

What's The Best Blackberry

by Gamer_Geek16 / March 22, 2009 1:24 PM PDT

The next time I get a new phone I want a blackberry but i dont know what phone to get. But it has to be with Verizon and I dont want the storm. Or you can tell me about future phones that will becoming out soon.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What's The Best Blackberry
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What's The Best Blackberry
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Help Me
by Gamer_Geek16 / March 25, 2009 12:02 AM PDT

Come Someone help me out please?

Collapse -
CNET Verizon BB Listings
by BlackBerry_Boy / March 26, 2009 11:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Help Me
Collapse -
best blackberry phone
by greenhardinger / March 27, 2009 6:18 AM PDT

The storm is the best blackberry phone by far.

Collapse -
Update:Best BlackBerry phone
by sellastyle / July 11, 2009 6:38 PM PDT
In reply to: best blackberry phone

Blackberry bold9000. It is the best for me now.

Collapse -
Best blackberry phone
by greenhardinger / March 29, 2009 4:03 PM PDT

The best blackberry phone is definitely the Blackberry Storm. It not only beats every other blackberry phone in terms of specs, but also it has touch (better than the iphone because it gives feedback when you type). If you want to see just how much better it is in terms of specs vs other blackberry phones such as the curve and bold, see:

Collapse -
blackberry phone for the latest design.
by afaq1290 / January 20, 2010 2:27 PM PST
In reply to: Best blackberry phone

The name BlackBerry has become synominous with real time mobile e-mail and for good reason.Once you have set everything up, new massages arrive automatically,These smart phones also do a good job of keeping you organized.
Best for: Those who want the best balance of productivity and multimedia features in a sleek design.
The BlackBerry 8800 series is the best for latest design.

Collapse -
Good Website, Best Phone
by him2004 / April 6, 2009 12:36 PM PDT

Hey, I would check out I ordered from them recently and got the Blackberry Bold 9000. I like the new smartphone, its new features and capabilites are refreshing. Plus the price on the website was cheap so that was nice.

Collapse -
Bold supports Wifi, Storm doesn't
by gurnx / April 10, 2009 12:59 PM PDT

I went with the Bold after looking at the Storm. Some big factors that carried the Bold over the Storm for me:

- The Bold supports Wifi and can automatically connect to my home and coffee-shop hotspots. Nice when handling lots of data.

- Bold's dedicated keyboard allows me to use shortcuts; one button away from 20+ applications. Once you get used to these shortcuts your productivity will soar. See for downloads describing these shortcuts.

- GSM phone; when it arrived I just removed the GSM card from my old phone & installed it in the Bold. Was up & running in minutes.

- The Bold screen is WOW, WIN, and AWESOME. It must be simply seen to be believed. Looks better than the Storm, iPhone, and any other current portable device.

Visit a multi-carrier cellphone Kiosk like I did and compare the phones side-by-side. If you're a 'power user' the Bold is the tool.

Happy Blackberrying to you!

Collapse -
Blackberry Bold!
by ramratanfirst / April 11, 2009 4:04 AM PDT

I fully Agree with gurnx.

It beats Iphone, and everyother Business Phone.

Go 4 IT.

Collapse -
Best Blackberry?
by zontar3 / April 15, 2009 9:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Blackberry Bold!

I would go for the Pearl as the best Blackberry. Small form factor, very capable, fast.

Collapse -
blackberry curve 8900
by rmb / April 17, 2009 2:56 AM PDT

i have the blackberry curve 8900 i just got it aint bad i wanted to get the bold model though

Collapse -
by iamdownloader / April 24, 2009 12:01 PM PDT
Collapse -
which is really the best?
by iamdownloader / June 7, 2009 3:36 AM PDT
In reply to: bold

still thinking twice what to choose
<a href="" title="board exam results" >Board Exam Results </a>

Collapse -
got confused
by bbatukhan / June 8, 2009 11:31 AM PDT

still couldnt choose which one is best :((

<a href="">Tasarim Mucevher</a>

Collapse -
bold is stil the best....
by iamdownloader / June 11, 2009 12:55 AM PDT
In reply to: got confused

you can see it thru it features...

<a href="" title="nursing board exam results june 2009" >Nursing Board Exam Results June 2009</a>

Collapse -
by guest784ty43182 / January 26, 2010 7:31 AM PST

I recommend Blackberry bold as it has been recommended by many users as well. However you better make more in-depth reviews using some other big review websites, they are really helpful when it comes to making decision.

Collapse -
Storm is horrible
by zschork / July 8, 2009 5:58 AM PDT

Dont listen to these people, the Storm is super slow and lags frequently. Wait till July 12th and get the Tour

Collapse -
Blackberry Pearl vs. Bold
by ljkoehler / September 8, 2009 4:46 AM PDT

My phone is dying and i need a new one. I've had the Pearl for a few years and am used to the shared-key keyboard and i love the size but i'm wondering if i should move to the Bold and if i'd get features worth the larger size, in addition to a full keyboard. Does anyone have comments re: the value of small size of Pearl vs. full keyboard, etc. of Bold?

Collapse -
Re: What's The Best Blackberry
by maryjohn121 / September 14, 2009 8:45 PM PDT

GPRS and Wi-Fi are two ways of getting data (especially email and the web). The main difference is :

* coverage is different (you'll have GPRS (everywhere a carrier installed it) than Wi-Fi (anywhere some private or commercial people installed it))
* and speed is different (Wi-Fi is 40x faster).

Here are some elements for you to understand why Wi-Fi is better : these are the max download speed, by network system (higher is better) :

* 00,014 kbps: GSM
* 00,056 kbps: dialup modem (before ADSL and Cable)
* 00,056 kbps: GPRS
* 00,256 kbps: EDGE
* 00,512 kbps: old ADSL modem
* 08,192 kbps: new ADSL modem
* 10,000 kbps: Wi-Fi (depends on the device though)

About the Wi-Fi coverage, there should be some black and white picture Wi-Fi indicating whether there is Wi-Fi nearby. You can also buy (not from Blackberry) many gadgets to detect Wi-Fi networks. Be aware that some Wi-Fi hotspots are free (McDonald's, Starbuck's), and others require charge (some airports). GPRS on the other hand is available averywhere except maybe when you go to the country far from mankind (can happen on some highways), but you'd be extremely lucky to have Wi-Fi and not GPRS.

Collapse -
by maryjohn121 / September 14, 2009 9:16 PM PDT

Hey Guys!!

I have Blackberry 8310 Curve.

I love it because.

- Full QWERTY keyboard unlike the Pearl.
- Offers a killer camera, which the 8830 lacks
- Comes in all sorts of funky colors.

The Curve and the 8830 are basically the same phone, except the Curve has a Camera, but no WiFi. But that doesn't matter. i love my curve because I can use it for both business, and personal entertainment

Collapse -
by tndach / September 18, 2009 4:18 PM PDT

I much prefer Blackberry.
Small form factor, very capable, fast.

<a href="">My blog</a>

Collapse -
by tndach / September 29, 2009 9:57 PM PDT
Collapse -
What is the best blackberry smartphone available today
by hcls / September 21, 2009 10:39 AM PDT

I am interested in buying a blackberry smartphone; however I am not that knowledgeable on the subject. I am a oilfied consultant and spend a lot of time in the Gulf of Mexico. I need a way to communicate with engineers who I work for. There are several companies who have towers in the Gulf and AT&T utilize these. Presently I have a Verizon contract which I have been satisfied with onshore but I cannot get a connection offshore. Do you have any suggestions.

Collapse -
Best Blackberry that is not a storm
by treywolf77 / January 19, 2010 2:07 PM PST

I have had a pearl, a Curve 8320 and a Curve 8900. I think for Web browsing, media, call quality and ease of use the 8900 is the best. I have read about and seen the Tour and was not impressed. I really like the track ball which they have replaced with a touchpad on many newer phones.

Collapse -
BlackBerry Bold 9700
by guest784ty43182 / January 26, 2010 7:50 PM PST

I also recommend BlackBerry Bold 9700.It is one of the hottest at the moment! the BlackBerry Bold 9700 has more screen resolution.Also the BlackBerry Bold 9700 is packed with application memory... you can check many more incredible features for it.

Collapse -
I think:
by nitikasnv / February 14, 2010 9:40 PM PST

All depends on GSM or CDMA, as well as personal opinion.

The Bold is a good phone.

If you prefer Verizon, then the Tour is probably the best BB, with twice the memory of the Bold, better camera, and higher resolution screen. If the Tour (9550 w/ Wifi) was already available, it would make it a tough decision between the Bold and Tour. Once the Onyx is on the market, then the Bold will be further down the list.

Collapse -
Best bb?
by swirlsolutions / February 28, 2010 1:47 AM PST

We have been training for many years and so have found alot of information regarding what people like.

1. Storm is "ok" if you never had a bb before or under 35. Seems odd but that is what our research tells us.
2. Suretype devices like the pearl - same thing
3. Best models that everyone loves is the latest one that would have wifi, full keyboard, trackpad.

Enjoy your new device!

Darci, Swirl Solutions, BlackBerry training

Collapse -
by brazmarobert3 / March 15, 2010 2:45 PM PDT
Collapse -
BlackBerry 8520 Curve Deals is best phone
by raxsmith / March 24, 2010 5:27 PM PDT

BlackBerry 8520 Curve is the best BlackBerry phone.BlackBerry 8520 Curve is no exception as it comes with a comprehensive list of specifications. The gadget comes with dedicated media keys allowing you to easily manage your media like songs etc. It also has a laptop like trackpad navigation letting one easily scroll through menus and icons. As with most BlackBerry phones, this handset too comes with a QWERTY keyboard, allowing you to enter text with speed.for more information you can visit

Collapse -
The best blackberry phone
by blackberrymaster / December 23, 2010 6:26 AM PST

The blackberry curve 3g is the best blackberry by miles trust me ive had all of the blackberry's and this one is the best that's why my mates call me the blackberry master

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.