Windows 7 forum

What might have Charter Communication have changed?

by rich52 / August 27, 2012 4:03 PM PDT

I recently got a second internet account with Charter Communication on a job site across town from my home. The technician from Charter used my sign on to make the neccessary changes to my Gateway NV77H05u laptop. Although my internet connection is fine, I can no longer get live streams from CNN and others. Oddly enough, on my wifes login, same computer, the live streaming function works fine. Charter denies making changes to my setting but obviously that is not true.

What change could Charter have made that would prevent my login from live streaming?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What might have Charter Communication have changed?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What might have Charter Communication have changed?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
dirty dogs
by drudgetoiler / August 27, 2012 8:01 PM PDT

I don't trust those charter folks. I remember friend telling me about his episode with charter internet guy on his machine. Supposedly he needed to use the computer to setup the connection.
First things first.
Never ever allow anyone to access your personal computer. They should be able to setup without any usage of your personal computer.
But anyway the charter guy was an idiot clicking on things he shouldn't have because he wasn't used to the layout of his system. Well at end of episode he had similar issues.
Whatever he did on your system is wrong and personally I would sue them if that happened to me. Its just common courtesy to not use toilet,accept drinks, or use YOUR personal computer.
I have not idea what he has done but I would create an entirely new account and use that new one from now on.

Collapse -
When you say login
by Jimmy Greystone / August 27, 2012 11:59 PM PDT

When you say login, do you mean a user account on Windows or a login for the Charter service? It sounds like you mean different accounts on the same computer, in which case the easy solution is to just migrate to a new account. It's always good to have a spare admin account anyway, in case you suffer from profile corruption and can't log in.

If you mean something else, you'll just have to explain in more detail what exactly it is that happens when you try and use these sites. Also, do these sites work when you are at your home using that connection?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.