Android

Resolved Question

What is your opinion of the Zeki Android tablet?

by cnetmygoto / June 12, 2013 7:21 AM PDT

What is your experience with the Zeki Android Tablet? It just arrived, so ,y question is a bit after the fact. It can still be returned. Money was the issue and fle pay was the only way for me to be able to purchase one.
I am disabled. It is too painful to use my laptop, that is dying. My nook Color, is old and will not hold a charge and is not p graded enoough to even run the apps B & N sells. So I did this. I can be on my back and communicate with the outside world. Well that is what I was thinking. If I made a mistake, I will returne it now and cut my losses. If you have any other recomendations please tell me. I paid $167.
at 31.99 a month. just as much as my budget can handel. Please advise. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is your opinion of the Zeki Android tablet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is your opinion of the Zeki Android tablet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by cnetmygoto

Collapse -
Link about (you were ripped off at 167 bucks)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 12, 2013 7:38 AM PDT
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/zeki-7/4852-3126_7-35374648.html

At amazon, it's closer to 107 dollars so I'm guessing you had to go with a monthly payment plan and the 50% surcharge doesn't bother you.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008LCOMOE/ref=asc_df_B008LCOMOE2556743 finds it delivered to my mail box for 87 bucks so it appears you got charged DOUBLE what it would cost me.

Frankly the reviews are too low there so let's hope it suits your needs and you get a year out of it but my thought is that you were ripped off.
Bob
Collapse -
Link follows. Bad comments?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 12, 2013 8:18 AM PDT
http://www.amazon.com/Zeki-Capacitive-Multi-touch-Tablet-TB1082B/dp/B008R0PCGM/

" I'd say with these tablets, you get what you paid for...but I'd be lying. " 3 reviewers made a similar statement
" This is the worst electronic I have ever purchased. " 1 reviewer made a similar statement
" Before they stopped working, the kids really liked them, although I noticed the screen cut off some websites and the interface wasn't very intuitive. "

Even with the 10 inch it appears that you were still ripped off. Just not as badly.

Keep in mind these tablets of this type are what we call "training tablets." That is you get one the first time to see if you like tablets. Then you drive it around and dump it for a good one.
Bob
Collapse -
Agree.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / June 12, 2013 8:30 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thank you for your reponse
by cnetmygoto / June 12, 2013 8:20 AM PDT

Yes, I believe you ar right I did get ripped of financiallly. That is why I gave so mucjh detail inmy post about my situation. But Ido see, If I cou;d have waited and saved I could have got some thing that would have lasted longer.
I will do better next time. Thanks for your in pu. Iwill see what I can do.

Collapse -
Keep in mind
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 12, 2013 9:06 AM PDT

These tablets rarely replace our PCs. If they do, then your common phone could do just as well. In fact many phones have microHDMI outputs so I could get my phone and a small LCD/HDTV and get a pretty good experience.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Is this the 7 inch.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / June 12, 2013 7:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thank You
by cnetmygoto / June 12, 2013 8:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this the 7 inch.

This is a new 10.1"

Collapse -
Answer
I love it
by howjef / June 28, 2013 1:23 AM PDT

I bought mine online at Kohl's as they had it both on sale and were giving additional store credit. The sale price was $120.00 and included shipping. There was also a 15% off that for several days, and $10 gift card for every $50 spent. I only got the 7" so I don't know what the price is on the larger one, or even if they have it.
As for the unit itself, it has a short battery life. If you are mostly at home and can use it plugged in, this may not be an issue for you. Mine came with wifi and bluetooth.
There are limitations.It does not come with Google play market. With googles recent changes, the calendar that it comes with , can no longer sync to a gmail calendar. I confirmed this with Zeki support, which had an Asian accent that was unusually (for me) easy to understand.

It is inexpensive.
It does come with an internet browser, camera, aldiko bookreader, amazon app market as well as socio app store, front facing camera (still and video) , music player, sound recorder. The settings allow you to control things like the brightness, font size and text to speech output, etc. It accepts a micro sd card.

If you can make do with a 7", maybe connect to a larger screen tv? Then you might want to check around for sales or discounts. You can join ebates for free and get a small percentage of your purchase price back every couple of months. If you are watching moneys , it is better than nothing. July 4th is coming up and maybe it will be on sale?

I have been told it will also do skype.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.