Phones

General discussion

What is your blackberyr pain point?

by swirlsolutions / February 28, 2010 1:49 AM PST

We offer training for both the consumer and corporations and would love to know what your pain points are with your blackberry?

ie expense when travelling, don't want to read a 400+ page manual, how to configure properly, why do you see sent items in your inbox, etc..

Would LOVE to hear from you!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is your blackberyr pain point?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is your blackberyr pain point?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Blackberry pain point
by ronaksoneri / March 1, 2010 6:52 PM PST

actually the size is very large so it is very difficult to
keep in my vollet(pocket)

Collapse -
size does matter :-)
by swirlsolutions / March 1, 2010 10:26 PM PST
In reply to: Blackberry pain point

Sadly, I am an independent and have no control over the size of the device, though the latest models are smaller than the bold type.

Hope you are using one of their holster, the devices are really expensive to replace, upwards of 500-700, if you damage it.

Collapse -
500-700$??
by dtung118 / March 12, 2010 9:20 AM PST
In reply to: size does matter :-)

449 w/o contract for att 9700 bold (higest end for ATT)
~500 w/o contract for vzw storm (highest end for verizon)

yes, expensive, but no, not close to 700... about 200$ away Happy

Collapse -
Applications w/o a data plan.
by timmo_hammer / March 7, 2010 11:36 PM PST
In reply to: Blackberry pain point

Background:
I am still a novice BB user.
I have plenty of Wifi access. I do not see any immediate need to get a data plan w/ my phone service.

Pain points:
1-Too many applications that want to be controlled by/through RIM.
2-Too many preloaded application that assume you are on a phone data plan. Or on an corporate enterprise data plan.

RIM needs to solicit for more WiFi friendly application. And the ones they do have need to run faster and better. And better explanations, of the apps as to whether they are phone-data or wi-fi. I am of course, making comparisons to Apple products.

3-Screen real-estate, Why does RIM insist on taking up the primary surface area, with a key board. A flip out or on screen key board would advance BB sales, when users get a larger screen, like apple products.

4- THIS ONE IS FOR ALL HAND HELD DEVICES.
That USB port should have so so so many remote controls(plug ins), usages. Why there isn't a booming market of USB based products, that
could plug into any hand held, and operate any thing. Example: Garage door opener(a simple one), A TV plug in receiver module( they have for PCs), home lighting, and appliance controls. I see medical applications breaking in to this arena, not many consumer products, though.
Understandably, they many have even carry their own power source.

Collapse -
BB pains!!
by CMJRoss / March 15, 2010 1:32 AM PDT

I have had my BBTour 9630 since Oct/2009. So far, I love it. However, there are quirks that are making me crazy.

* Mystery messages. Typically, these are missed calls that show up on the screen as unopened messages. But I can never find them until days later. Even when I try to go into my call logs, I can't delete that unopened message count, and my OCD tolerance level twitches uncontrollably. I usually only find it by accident, and then all is well...until the next time.

* Flickr. I am an amateur photographer and would like to use this app more frequently, but I can't. And I can't get any tech support on it. Despite having location tracking enabled and BBMaps as the default and geotracking enabled in within the app itself and within the device itself, the app consistently tells me that it cannot find my location. BB refuses to provide me with tech support, claiming that I need to acquire support from Verizon because I got the device from Verizon; and Verizon refuses to provide me with support because the app was provided by RIM. So I'm stuck.

* Speed dialing. I would **really** like to disable this feature. I don't use it; I never have used it, even before I had a smartphone.

Collapse -
The Asprin
by 301x / April 13, 2010 4:55 AM PDT
In reply to: BB pains!!

I used to have a lot of problems with my BB but when I got Blackberry Made Simple for my 8320, I have a lot of the pain licked! They do cover it all and it does cost a bit for this 800 pg leaflet, but it is worth it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.