The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

What is wrong with CNet?

by MattyMustng / July 9, 2007 2:03 PM PDT

Listening to Buzz Out Loud 512, when the woman talks about her Dell laptop with Vista on it, I am just thinking: "these people get paid for this?" Jesus Christ, fire that woman and hire me. I can understand them saying "Well we like ______ better than Vista." But to say ridiculous - simply borderline on stupidity and utter retardation - comments such as "Java and FireFox, no way." I have been running Vista since RC1 full-time. FireFox and Java both work fine. There is absolutely no problem whatsoever with either program. That person is just an idiot. Normally I won't call someone an idiot, but for going and making ridiculous claims like that - she deserves it. I bet she went in thinking "Vista is going to suck" and in fact it was excellent. So, she just made some crap up about it. And those other people...they just sit by and say "Man, that sucks." "Oh I've heard it was bad." Seriously, cnet needs to fire all these people that don't know what they are talking about and hire some real product reviews.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is wrong with CNet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is wrong with CNet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What's wrong with you?
by Alegoo92 / July 9, 2007 2:45 PM PDT

Absolutely no problems with Firefox in Vista??
Vista is perfect?!

There are many, many problems with apps running in Vista. I've even personally seen Firefox not work with websites in Vista because they rely on Java.
What's up with all the bs in the forums lately?

Alex

Collapse -
Please don't be upset with him
by milkky / July 10, 2007 12:41 AM PDT
In reply to: What's wrong with you?

'cause clearly we've had another of those pesky space-time continuum problems. Obviously whichever dimension he lives in has solved all these silly issues, although clearly they now need to focus their considerable powers onto improving their people skills.

Collapse -
Awesome, another one of these threads
by kwahhn / July 10, 2007 12:55 AM PDT

Is this one going to get locked to so we can all have a cool down period?

Collapse -
No.
by udayan71 / July 10, 2007 2:56 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.