Computer Help forum


What is this part called?

by cjcoled / January 29, 2013 2:38 PM PST
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is this part called?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is this part called?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
by Willy / January 29, 2013 9:14 PM PST

Very glad you provided a picture link. If the center bar appears to pivot, does it do so? if yes, then i suspect these are antennas and being dual, provide a wide range for reception. if it pivots the round section acts as a base while the center portion is the antenna. The Asus support website may offer what was provided when you brought the PC, if you enter your S/N# or such to better help you. However, that's a guess. You may have to replace both in order to be similar an antenna dual set but still provide the same service. Just look for antennas, they will still connect to the same type connector from your wifi card, verify that. Replacement antenna will probably look more like typical antenna but still do the same job.

I suspect there is some model# on those devices, google for that or if you're lucky some part number from some decal or sticker.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
by cjcoled / January 30, 2013 12:06 PM PST
In reply to: Antennas

awesome, thats what i needed to know. and yes, its the center bar that rotates up to get better reception. i just have them lowered at the moment. Thanks a lot

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions


$16,000 used SUVs

Whether you like your SUVs cute or capable, or some blend of the two, we've got a wide variety of choices in Roadshow's first collection of Editors' Used Picks.