TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

What is the difference between two different Bose speaker sy

by gollap / October 10, 2005 2:12 PM PDT

Bose Acoustimass 15 and
Bose Acoustimass 10?

Also, can anyone recommend a Bose receiver to go with these speakers?

Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the difference between two different Bose speaker sy
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the difference between two different Bose speaker sy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bose info
by TheTechSource / October 10, 2005 2:33 PM PDT
Collapse -
Real Question => Can anybody recommend a Bose?
by TiVolution / October 11, 2005 1:57 AM PDT

You may have already listened to many other speakers prior to deciding to go with Bose, but if you haven't, you might want to take a look at other options. Bose sounds good, but not great. However, they are priced as if they are some of the best speakers out there. I think you can do much better for the same money, especially in the subwoofer. Of course this is just my opinion.

Collapse -
bose
by masterying01 / October 11, 2005 3:07 PM PDT

the only reason to recommend bose at a store is when

1.) the salesman has no idea what he's talking about
2.) the salesman is on commission and has no idea what he's talking about
3.) the salesman sees that you only shop for the name, so he pushes bose cause he has no idea what he's talking about.

Collapse -
You forgot...
by sirroundsound / October 12, 2005 4:56 AM PDT
In reply to: bose

Bose is almost always giving salespeople cash or prizes for points earned based on quantity sold.

Collapse -
har har
by stewart norrie / October 21, 2005 6:29 AM PDT
In reply to: bose

speaking of speakers I just upgraded my old klipch speakers to Atlantic technology cheap 4200LR main, 273C main,2200Sr surrounds, and there272PBM sub, and Iam blown away with the sound they are dynimac, powerful and totally involving I love it when you feel a gun shot in your chest and the coffie table vibrates Best part I sold my old 17 year klipch speakers on e bay for almost as much as I paid for them have a good day cadillacstew@aol.com

Collapse -
Real answer to the Real question...
by Dan Filice / October 12, 2005 3:43 AM PDT

Bose? My real answer is: Don't. My father-in-law bought a Bose HT system that consists of their five speakers, their so-called subwoofer and their all-in-one Reciver/DVD player. He bought it at one of the Bose outlet stores. He paid a LOT of money for not a lot of return. Then, amazingly, his daughter bought the exact same system. Her husband knows zilch about HT stuff, so she went with the "Dad's Approval" and followed in his footsteps. Again, just my 2-cents, but the speakers aren't great, but the worst thing is the so-called subwoofer and the all-in-one receiver/DVD player. One word: Terrible. Do yourself a favor: Spend less money and buy a speaker brand that is known for HT: Axiom, Energy, Boston, Infinity and many more.

Collapse -
BOSE BOO BOO
by stewart norrie / October 22, 2005 10:29 AM PDT

tHIS IS STEWART NORRIE CALLING GOOD NEWS I just replaced my 15 year old blown 5.1 speakers with Atlantic Technology units 4200Lr main 273C center, 272PBM woffer and 2200Sr surrounds I paid $2070 complete and they are awsome, Bose speakers don't even come close and these speakers are the cheapest speakers Atlantic technology makes any the next step is the new Sony Qualla projector so please loan me $35000 ha. ha good luck respond to cadillacstew@aol.com

Collapse -
Thanks avery one.
by gollap / November 8, 2005 3:34 AM PST

The only reason I considered (and still considering) bose is because you can hang them up beyond the reach of 2 year olds..

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.