Cameras forum

General discussion

What is the Best Surveillance Camera that is Cheap?

by mltan30 / February 23, 2006 2:53 PM PST

Can you help me find the best quality surveillance camera that is cheap and reliable. Also, is there a program that can view all the camera's recording. Example, 1 camera to be installed in 5 room. I want to know whether a server can view all 5 of it with just one monitor? Pls reply your knowledge and expertise on this. Thank You very much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the Best Surveillance Camera that is Cheap?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the Best Surveillance Camera that is Cheap?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't you mean 5 cameras, 1 per room?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2006 11:12 PM PST

Anyhow, I will NOT find your best for cheap but note that many can use a KWorld 8 port video capture card and cameras you find all over plus some PC. Figure about 129 for the card and about 39 bucks per camera then your PC.

Collapse -
Hello! (About surveillance camera)
by mltan30 / February 24, 2006 3:50 PM PST

Thanks for your reply, do you how it works or can you help me find a link on its instruction manual? I badly need it for my research project. I really appreciate your reply. Thanks you very much.

Collapse -
In short.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 25, 2006 12:47 AM PST

1. "do you how it works"

It works very well.

2. "can you help me find a link on its instruction manual? "

Product was found on, and other places.

3. "I badly need it for my research project."

Then it will come out badly.

In closing, this is your research project. Please apply yourself.

Collapse -
Surveillance Equipment
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 24, 2006 11:54 PM PST
Collapse -
Best Surveillance Camera
by gretyard / March 11, 2013 4:00 PM PDT

IR Dome Camera is a best Surveillance Camera for you. It has Ultra High Resolution and Vari Focal Lens. It works very well and in your budget.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.