> There are so many host with the features being to vast to compare
While hosts love to advertise features and whatnot, there's really only a handful of things that matter:
- Up-time: the availability of your website in a given year e.g. 99%.
- Response time: how quickly the site responds to requests e.g. 112ms.
- Backups: how often the host backs up your server and backup retention e.g. 1/day; 30 days.
- Support: how and when can your host be reached for support e.g. 24/7 via phone and email.
- Hardware specs: how much disk space and bandwidth you get e.g. 15GB/1TB.
- Software specs: what kind of control panel do you get e.g. cPanel.
> As you read reviews you see how uncontent users are with just about every host.
Unless you're paying a good amount for hosting ($50/mo) that isn't on a shared server (VPS/dedicated) or receive above and beyond incredible support, users usually don't take the time to write positive reviews. They only think of writing something when things go wrong. In some cases this resulted in poor handling of the initial complaint by the host, but in some cases users just want to rant. This is why you can always dig up negative reviews.
> Things i am looking for are
Quick uptime: For a small business website, up-time and response time are important.
Web Design tools: For a small business website that you expect to grow, I would advise against using such tools. You'd be much better off starting with something like WordPress or Drupal, depending on your requirements.
Email capability: Most hosts today offer the ability to setup email accounts.
Social media integration: that really has not much to do with the host, but rather how you build your website.
Overall functionality: that's pretty generic.
Lastly, there are several threads here on this forum that discuss a similar situation. Please take a look at the following posts and let us know if you have any more follow-up questions:
- WHO IS THE BEST LOW PRICED WEBHOST COMPANY IN 2012?
- Low cost hosting that offers support for multiple domains
- Which Web Hosting Site?
Obviously this is like opening a can of worms as there are so many host with the features being to vast to compare...
As you read reviews you see how uncontent users are with just about every host.
Things i am looking for are:
*Quick uptime (i will activley be uploading new products)
*Web Design tools
*social media integration
Any help greatly appriciated