Phones

Question

What is the best Mobile Phone out there ......

by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 12:11 AM PST

Im a Website Business owner with an online Electronics store. I personally prefer the Samsung Galaxy!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the best Mobile Phone out there ......
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the best Mobile Phone out there ......
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
For consumers it appears to be
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 12:14 AM PST

iPhone and Android phones. That's what you see most apps come out on first.
Bob

Collapse -
So many choices offered online ....
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 12:23 AM PST

but why ....

Collapse -
Why so many choices?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 12:27 AM PST

That's easy. Folk have budgets and "wants." Your profile seems to indicate you are in retail so let's say you only sold Vanilla Ice Cream. Fine and all that but some folk want Mint Chocolate Chip.
Bob

Collapse -
You've got to understand what your customer wants ...
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 2:18 AM PST
In reply to: Why so many choices?

So if I were to sell mint chocolate chip and vanilla ice cream at a great price, you would bite my arm off?

Collapse -
If I was a Lion, maybe.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 2:42 AM PST

And if your name was Jonah and I was a whale then I'd swallow you whole.

But that's another tail.
Bob

Collapse -
Lions like Ice Cream aswell as meat?? ...
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 4:47 AM PST

Ha, Well thankyou for your advice ... it has been interesting. Note to self beware of Lions if I ever decide to sell Ice cream.

Collapse -
First hand trials with cats.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 4:53 AM PST
Collapse -
Lions do like icecream ... you were right
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 7:14 AM PST
Collapse -
Apple is rocking the boat
by zhileezy / January 11, 2013 2:39 AM PST

I agree Bob. I've been an avid iPhone user for about three years now and I'm not sure I could go back to another device and be as satisfied as I have been with Apple's products. In my opinion, it seems that when it comes to ergonomics, aesthetics and ease of use, Apple has nailed it. Not to mention how massive the app market has grown. My entire digital life is connected to my iPhone. I understand that many Android users will attest that their device is also just as good, but I've noticed something interesting - People that switch from an Android platform to an iOS platform, at least those that I've spoken to, swear they'll never go back. While those that switch from an iOS to Android platform are always disappointed. Thoughts?

Chase

Collapse -
It's all about choice.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 11, 2013 2:46 AM PST

I don't enter into OS discussions but here I have to stick to Android for a reason. Apple didn't implement standard BlueTooth but added some communications coprocessor that locked us out of porting our apps to the Apple products. So while they were great about other stuff, at times we can't use their products.

Since at this point it's the app in play, it won't matter if it's on Apple, Google, Firefox (yes, there is a Firefox OS Phone!), Ubuntu (yes, now there's an Ubuntu Phone) or much else. Let's hope choices remain in the industry.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
There is no simple answer ....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 4:41 AM PST

....to your question. What mobile phone is best will get you as many opinions as there are different handsets sold by several cellular providers. It all comes down to: 1) what your requirements are 2) which cellular provider you want to use 3) what is your budget 4) where do you live/work 5) do you like Android, iOS, Blackberry, MS Mobile (Windows) or a specific manufacturer/brand of phone.

Without more information it would be difficult to offer any constructive advice to your question.

Collapse -
Certain Phone must come out on top ...
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 5:44 AM PST

I wanted to know what prospective buyers look for, being a Laptop, Mobile website owner because there must be a more popular choice. It seems however, that people are only interested in buying Ice Cream. So Ice Cream is the way forward ....

Collapse -
I see 3 phones in general.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 5:48 AM PST

iPhone, Android and your plain old cell phone.

If you head to a mall, get a coffee or tea and in a few hours you can spot what folk are buying in short order. If you remember your statistics class then all you need is about 100 samples to see where the market you sampled in bought with a high degree of reliability.

My samples are mostly from the past few years in NE USA, SW USA, Taiwan and a little NW USA, Western Canada.

If you wanted to put out an App for your store, it's very clear you want one for the iPhone and Android.
Bob

Collapse -
Replying to the above advise ...
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 6:11 AM PST

Excellent and very useful Bob, Many thanks for the advise and il take that on board. I also need to know what your initial thoughts would be when you first visit a site on what would keep you there browsing for hours, rather than only for a few seconds, bearing in mind there are thousands of Great products to view and a safe Checkout Service.

Collapse -
Ahh the sticky eyeball question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 6:15 AM PST

Amazon has that nailed in my opinion. They get folk to watch the videos and the Kindle is a great system to make it easy to stick around and shop for hours.

This seems to be a very different question from what you asked at the top of this forum.

But long ago I owned some retail computer and repair shops so I have a small insight on retail. Just a little. Today I'm a little more in the background with work on apps and designs for OEMs.
Bob

Collapse -
Good old Amazon with there amazing prices...
by ComputerConnected / January 9, 2013 6:40 AM PST

Think of it as extending my question, rather than a new one .... Thankyou very much for all of your advise Bob. Very helpful indeed. So a great Website involves loads of great products just like Amazon and the best phones are the iphone and androids, ... looks like my website has it all.

Collapse -
Answer
it's a question like who is your soulmate
by ticktok6 / January 10, 2013 11:50 AM PST

to me, there's no such phone is the best, it's the one suit you the most matters. no matter how powerful samsung galaxy can be or how good-looking is iPhone. to ordinary guys, the most affordable one is the best. on the other hand, if you apply an unique cover case for it, what is the best mobile phone really doesn't matter.

Collapse -
You Cant Please Everyone, unless ....
by ComputerConnected / January 10, 2013 7:21 PM PST

It seems to me that everyone will come up with a different answer because we all have different wants and tastes. Variety is the key at affordable prices, with accessories aswell... Thankyou Happy

Collapse -
decoration is good
by ticktok6 / January 11, 2013 12:40 AM PST

so try to do some make-up for our lovely phones and let the "best mobile phone issue" to be worried by providers. BlushGrin

Collapse -
Cheers ...
by ComputerConnected / January 11, 2013 3:36 AM PST
In reply to: decoration is good

Thankyou, being the owner of the Website computerconnected.co.uk I was looking for some insight into what potential Customers are after . Your advice is very useful.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.