Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

What is the best free download manager

by grand222 / October 27, 2010 5:33 PM PDT

What is the best free download manager to download from hotfile, rapidshare, media files, filesonic and other similar sites? Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the best free download manager
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the best free download manager
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not different from any other sites, I think.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 27, 2010 5:37 PM PDT

So your question can be rephrased as "What is the best free download manager". OK with that? Or do you have special requirements for those and other similar sites?

Kees

Collapse -
What is the best free download manager - my opinion
by sunnydaysbiz / February 28, 2012 3:11 PM PST

My opinion is that no response is needed if not offering an answer....Which Kees certainly did not !!

I have the same question as grand222...Therefore, my opinion is that I don't need the same kind of "non-answer" as offered by Kees.

We all need drivers and driver updates. It is difficult to sift through the miriad of "Free Driver Offers" to find one that is worthwhile, even if you do need to pay for it. It is discouraging to keep finding sites with deceptive offers that hide their costs in the fine print. That is why I came to CNET in hopes of finding an honest appraisal and comparison of possibilities

Sunny Days

Collapse -
Re: download manager
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 28, 2012 3:53 PM PST

Personally, I can download all I want without using a download manager, using just the download options that are built into Firefox and Internet Explorer. What are your (additional) requirements for a download manager, above what already works in the browser?

And what's so special about drivers and driver updates that you seem to need a download manager to do it?

Kees

Collapse -
And just to add
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 2, 2012 5:03 AM PST

Kees' first reply was not a "non-answer". Since browser inbuilt download managers are fine for most you will need to define your needs before any specific answer can be given.

So, what are your particular needs for a separate download manager?

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.