Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

What is the BEST browser on the internet?

by ssh49tn / January 19, 2012 9:47 AM PST

What browser is the best to use? I like to play games on FaceBook, but some of them won't work with Internet Explorer, but say to use Chrome of Firefox. However, with either of those, my Flash player crashes every few minutes, which is totally frustrating. And, apparently this has been going on for a LONG time, & lots of people have had problems with it. I've had suggestions from this site, from Google, from Chrome, & even from Adobe of how to fix it, & they MIGHT work for about 5 min. then right back to the same problem. So, I 'm wanting to see if there's a browser that will allow me to play the games I want, without having to stop & sometimes even completely turn off the computer to undo the crash!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the BEST browser on the internet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the BEST browser on the internet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
You choose that!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 19, 2012 9:53 AM PST

I would never tell you which is best for you. While I use SeaMonkey I have my reasons and have no issues with Adobe.

I wonder if you have some other machine issue?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: browser
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 19, 2012 6:14 PM PST

Issue with Adobe's software aren't browser issues and should be (totally or mostly) independent of what browser you are using. So your question seems to be irrelevant.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
About Flash crashing.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 19, 2012 8:54 PM PST

Try the suggestion here;

How to disable hardware acceleration.

See if that fixes the Flash problem.

Mark

Collapse -
flash
by ssh49tn / January 20, 2012 4:56 AM PST
In reply to: About Flash crashing.

The settings part is greyed out, so won't let me click on it.

Collapse -
Strange
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 20, 2012 9:23 PM PST
In reply to: flash

Go here; http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Do you see the Flash animation? If so, right click the animation and select Settings. Can you disable that setting now?

If it fails which browser and does it fail on all your browsers?

Mark

Collapse -
Answer
Add New features in Internet Explorer like Firefox
by IEAddons / February 24, 2012 3:40 PM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Thanks MArk
by Carseela / February 29, 2012 12:09 PM PST

I too had the same problem and now my problem is ok!! Thanks Mark .

Collapse -
Answer
Morzila Fireofox
by amberlewis545 / March 1, 2012 3:04 PM PST

Morzila firefox is the best browser on the internet.Because it gives us vast utilities like bookmarks and so many tool bars and ads on tool which helps us in our general life.These tools do our things easy.We can also see alexa rank and page rank of any website by using mozilla firefox.

Collapse -
Google Chrome
by anoopptseo / March 1, 2012 7:50 PM PST
In reply to: Morzila Fireofox

I suggest Google Chrome to avoid the above problems.

Collapse -
Answer
here's what i do
by pinkzroxor / March 5, 2012 2:33 PM PST

i mainly use google chrome for web surfing because it's got a really nice interface and it's not buggy like internet explorer.

however, there are certain things that require activeX that internet explorer uses. so when that happens, i just jump on the internet explorer to get it done and go back to the google chrome.

It is merely impossible to strictly only use one browser these days because of all the competition going on with the flash players, activeX, and other add-ons.

But for your main use, i would suggest google chrome. It's simple and has most of the add-ons you need for just general browsing.

Collapse -
Answer
maxthon 3.3.6.2000 is the fastest browser!!
by loooping8 / April 1, 2012 11:22 PM PDT

this browser is the fastest 100 to 200% faster then the last version of google chrom and beside he have a beautyful look and also enaf futures.i switch to this browser and its now my homebrowser.sadly this browser is not avalible in c-net but im shure he will be the #1 browser in 1 or 2 years worldwide!you can them download and test there:
http://www.maxthon.com/

Collapse -
Google Chrome
by Speedlighting / April 8, 2012 7:57 PM PDT

In that case Google chrome would be the best because it supports many flash games also sites.

Collapse -
Answer
Re
by chamalsilva / April 8, 2012 8:41 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.