Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

What is the Best Antivirus for complete Protection of Laptop

by sudha1919 / August 31, 2010 7:23 PM PDT

Hi, Friends can any body suggest me a complete virus protection software for my Laptop with all features to protect like internet security, firewall, antivirus, spyware, malware

thanking you,

sudha

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the Best Antivirus for complete Protection of Laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the Best Antivirus for complete Protection of Laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Laptop Antivirus
by manmur / September 1, 2010 8:34 AM PDT

Comodo Internet Security (free for home use), Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, ESET Smart Security, Avast Internet Security, and Trend Micro Internet Security are all good choices. I Do recomend that you use the 30-day trial of the paid programs to see if there is any slowdown of your laptop.

However I do not like to use all-in-one security software. There is more of a chance that a scan will miss something. However on the flip-side; I know that no scanner is going to get everything.
Instead I am using:

Anti-virus: Avira Anitvir Personal Free.

Anti-spy: Malwarebytes, Microsoft windows Defender, And Superantispyware. Note they are but Defender 'on demand' scanners. Windows Defender is a real time Anti-spy.

Firewall: Comodo. Also Comodo firewall is part of Comodo Internet Security. However You can opt out to have only the firewall or the anti-virus part.

Other: Sandboxie, Spywareblaster, Hostfile, CCLeaner (Removes temp files to make scans run faster), Keyscramber, Web-of-Trust.

Firefox Addons: No-script, Ad-block plus.

I should add that the only software I have that are real time is Windows Defender (Anti-spy), Avira (Anti-Virus), and Comodo Firewall. I know that I have three real time programs running. However they do not conflict with each other.
End the end it is really what you think is the best for your needs.

manmur

Collapse -
What is the Best Antivirus for complete Protection of Lapto
by sudha1919 / September 3, 2010 8:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Laptop Antivirus

Hi, my friend, thanks for your reply and your suggestions, i quite did not understand is it BitDefender or only defender for complete antivirus. so according to you if bitdefender is the right one, i thank for you to suggesting me. I got the same suggestions from other for complete antivirus protection

thanking you,

sudha

Collapse -
Bitdefender
by manmur / September 4, 2010 9:35 AM PDT

Bitdefender Basic is an Anti-virus Program. You can get the Bitdefender Internet Security also the all-in-security option for them.

manmur

Collapse -
What is the Best Antivirus for complete Protection of Laptop
by sudha1919 / September 5, 2010 3:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Bitdefender

Hi, thanks for replying me its great to receive solution to our questions via forums i am thankful to all of yours giving me the right solutions

thanking you,

sudha

Collapse -
(NT) Linux.
by out_fisherman / September 4, 2010 1:34 PM PDT
Collapse -
My answer it's you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2010 9:42 PM PDT

The best protection is the operator of the laptop. No combination of protection on Windows today will stop it all if the user isn't actively engaged.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.