Tablets forum

Question

What is the best?

by dyjodapa / March 25, 2012 10:16 AM PDT

I will be using the tablet for GPS away from wifi, must be able to play games, and be able to run Pykl3 Radar.The tablet must be around or less $450. Size does not matter.

Here are the tablets I am looking at any other tablets are welcome:

ASUS Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet: http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-TF101-A1-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Separately/dp/B004U78J1G/ref=zg_bs_3063224011_7

MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet (10.1-Inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi): http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM-Android-10-1-Inch-Wi-Fi/dp/B0045FM6SU/ref=zg_bs_3063224011_11

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 32GB (Dual Core, Universal Remote, WiFi): http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Plus-Universal-Remote/dp/B005N1333M/ref=zg_bs_3063224011_27

Acer Iconia A510-10s32u 10.1-Inch Tablet (Olympic Edition-Silver): http://www.amazon.com/Acer-A510-10s32u-10-1-Inch-Olympic-Edition-Silver/dp/B007E8TWKA/ref=zg_bs_3063224011_33

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the best?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the best?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Intro
by jamesfrenkline / March 29, 2012 7:17 PM PDT
In reply to: What is the best?

Hi i am new to this forum and wanna enjoy much and wanna learn more so please describe each and every thing very clear.

Collapse -
You can get what you want. How?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2012 4:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Intro

Let's say you are shopping for a tablet. You should go to the store and ask your question of those that sell these things. If they won't answer, then don't buy there.

Eventually you'll get your answers and maybe a nice tablet too.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Tablet.
by raekwonsteven / March 28, 2012 4:07 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Asus
by Gypht / April 17, 2012 8:40 AM PDT

I cannot say about the others. But I owned the Asus Transformer TF101 and I really liked it, the only reason I sent it back was because I found it cheaper online and I desided to wait for the Asus Transformer Pad 300...tho I do not know if the 300 comes with GPS. I didn't get the Xoom because its the oldest of the tablets, the acer was really heavy and I read some bad reviews on it as far as video playback..plus the asus had the dock which the others didnt.

Collapse -
Answer
Stay away from Asus, I bought the TF101 and the TF 201
by bessemer / July 30, 2012 10:15 PM PDT

Asus has not been the same since the bad weather in Japan that nearly destroyed the island. Asus found other supplies during the difficult time when the TF101 was being released. Trust me, not the same Asus quality we have known for years. I sold the Asus TF101 and all it's issues basically because of the reputation that Asus "had". So, I
bought the Asus TF201 thinking the quality problems would be over come. WRONG !! Where's the quality control?
The TF201 best points was that it made a good door stop. For a few extra dollars I will buy a "quality" tablet made
by Apple where the quality control is supreme.

Collapse -
Answer
Tablet Recommendation
by RJStanton23 / August 3, 2012 6:58 AM PDT

I know they may be hard to find now but if you can find a Blackberry Playbook for $200 like they were selling for that is a steal of a deal. That's a great tablet but with limited Apps.

Collapse -
Answer
I hope you realize that
by orlbuckeye / August 6, 2012 4:01 AM PDT

a non-wifi tablet will cost $$$$$$$$$$. Laptop magazine listed subsidized 3g/4g tablets in the top 10 charges you'd be an idiot to pay. They took a Galaxy Tab from Verizon selling for 429 with a 2 year contract (which is 30 a month). They calculated that 949 over the life of the contract and the wifi version is 448. I suggest a Wifi Tablet and use your phone for GPS. Now if you don't have a smartphone thats a different story. I know my phone GPS helped me in Pittsburgh when the cd in the dashboard GPS failed.

Collapse -
Answer
How to get best tablet
by cursorsystem / August 6, 2012 7:08 PM PDT

The only way to get the best tablet is just to read all the customers reviews for each product online

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.