Windows Legacy OS forum

What is boom noise upon boot up and how fix shutdown?

by vocaldix / April 8, 2013 10:31 PM PDT

I have a 2003 desktop computer, XP Home Edition, SP3. Norton Security Suite. When computer boots up, I hear a boom noise right before Constant Guard loads. I also cannot shut down properly. The computer reboots when going to start-shutdown. I have to do a hard shutdown. How do I fix this?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is boom noise upon boot up and how fix shutdown?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is boom noise upon boot up and how fix shutdown?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
What changes did you make prior to this?
by wpgwpg / April 8, 2013 10:58 PM PDT

Did you make any changes prior to this starting to happen? Often times it's a driver problem that causes shutdown problems. For starters I'd suggest going to Device Manager and look to see if any of the entries have ! or ? next to them. If you downloaded any drivers from other than your manufacturer's web site, that can cause problems. If this just started happening recently, you could try System Restore to go back to a date prior to the problem's beginning.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Boom Noise and Shutdown Problems
by vocaldix / April 9, 2013 8:57 AM PDT

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
2.16 GHz, 1.93 GB of RAM

I have tried system restore several times in the past 2 years and it never works. Nothing is done. I had only installed a free partition software from DaniWeb and then uninstalled it. I have CCleaner, Norton security suite, and Spybot Search and Destroy. I also have Revo Uninstaller on here that came with the computer. I have done all of these, run scans, etc. I bought this XP 2 years ago from a friend and it was her father-in-laws. He couldn't get it to shut down either and it would reboot. I don't have the OS disk.

Collapse -
What did Device Manager show?
by wpgwpg / April 9, 2013 9:06 AM PDT
Did you look at Device Manager? What did it show? Since you've waited 2 years with the problem, there's no way System Restore will help. You have to use it within a week or two after a problem occurs. Since you have no discs, what will you do when you have to re-install Windows? If I were in your situation, I'd start thinking about buying a new computer.
Collapse -
Boom & Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 12:04 AM PDT

I did not wait 2 years for the boom noise. It just began a few days ago. The shutdown problem yes I've had for that long and have been trying to search for answers to fix it. My first computer in April of 2003 was Win2000, which was rebuilt by a friend who does that for a living. I paid $150. When it died, I was given a Vista by Pastor at my church. It crashed after 3 years and got this XP for $25. I guess I cannot re-install windows and after next April 14th 2014, when I can no longer get updates, I will simply use it until it dies too. Sorry I posted.

All Answers

Collapse -
For me, I have to know a lot more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2013 10:43 PM PDT

I usually have to get to the make, model of what this desktop is made of and some history. After that I examine the driver versions and scan a HIJACKTHIS log as well as clear the EVENT VIEWER then do the crash shutdown.

All this is used to formulate an answer and what to try next. As you can see there is no direct answer without a lot of information.

Well, you could always reload the OS since my bet is it worked fine long ago.

Collapse -
Boom noise and Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 9, 2013 9:06 AM PDT

I have posted all computer information to another reply but will do so again.

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
2.16 GHz, 1.93 GB of RAM

I am with Comcast as ISP and have their Norton Internet Security Suite, Revo Uninstaller Pro, Spybot Search & Destroy, CCleaner. Nothing under device manager with ? or anything. Ran all scans. Do not have HIJACK THIS. Do not have the OS disk. Bought this XP tower from friend 2 yrs. ago and was her father-in-law's. He couldn't get it to shut down either. Have searched all areas and just came up with MACS Service problem.

Collapse -
That's not enough detail.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 9:10 AM PDT

As HIJACKTHIS is found in seconds on a search and is free, that's not much reason to not have that.

However as I read the replies it appears that without an OS CD your machine is surely destined for a repair counter as any deep repair investigation is not possible.

I know this sounds awful but XP is a very old OS and it was expected for folk to either take courses or just have it fixed or just reload the OS. I had hope by noting how I investigate this that you could take your queue from that and dive in. Instead I read the above and think a repair counter is the next stop.

Collapse -
Boom noise and Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 12:00 AM PDT

Look, I am 63 and first got on a computer in 2003 and am self-taught. Do you mean take it to a shop for repair? You will have to be more explicit. I have to buy what I can afford on social security disability checks. Cannot afford a brand new computer. Yes, I know XP is old and Microsoft will retire it next April 2014. Then, I guess I will no longer be online. thanks anyhoo.

Collapse -
I read a new clue above.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 12:22 AM PDT

Since it was recent why not use System Restore (it's in the Start, Help area and on google what that is) to go back a few days?

I offered the method I use to diagnose and figure it out but it's too advanced and there is no way I can't cram this much knowledge into 3 paragraphs or even an entire book. This is why folk reload the OS for such problems or take it to the repair counter.

BUT with your new clue, system restore is the best idea. Also, when you get it working why not back it up so you can restore the PC to working condition without the cost of a repair shop counter or new PC?

Collapse -
Boom Noise & Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 12:42 AM PDT

I have backup and it works I don't have to do it manually. I downloaded HIJACK THIS. I got error code 3 times and when I tried to analyze got "no internet connection." I am online! Here is the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:35:50 AM, on 4/10/2013
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Security Suite\Engine\\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Security Suite\Engine\\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDFSSvc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype\Toolbars\Skype C2C Service\c2c_service.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dpupdchk.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDTray.exe
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntispy.exe
C:\Program Files\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVault.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: YTNavAssistPlugin Class - {81017EA9-9AA8-4A6A-9734-7AF40E7D593F} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Identity Protection - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Norton Security Suite\Engine\\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Vulnerability Protection - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton Security Suite\Engine\\IPS\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Constant Guard Protection Suite - {B84CDBE7-1B46-494B-A188-01D4C52DEB61} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\White Sky, Inc\ID Vault\IEBHO1.13.111.1\NativeBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: EFOToolbar - {AB26BF6C-BB04-4F00-8F98-BDE786CDE97D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\EFOToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Norton Security Suite\Engine\\coIEPlg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [AvgUninstallURL] cmd.exe /c start"&"inst=NzYtOTUwNDM5MTkxLVNUMTJGT0krMS1ERFQrMC1TVDEyQVBQKzEtRVVMQSsx"&"prod=94"&"ver=2012.0.1831"&"mid=5529ce3a2c8a47d1a056d147e0caaaf1-935d29753f7e92c1173ba6d19a587d18676bd7ff
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ComcastAntispyClient] "C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntispy.exe" /hide
O4 - Global Startup: Constant Guard.lnk = C:\Program Files\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVault.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe
O9 - Extra button: Skype Click to Call - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -
O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: SDWinLogon - SDWinLogon.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Comcast AntiSpyware (AntiSpywareService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: CGPS Service (IDVaultSvc) - White Sky, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVaultSvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Oracle Corporation - C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:\Program Files\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Security Suite (N360) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Security Suite\Engine\\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner Service (SDScannerService) - Safer-Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDFSSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spybot-S&D 2 Updating Service (SDUpdateService) - Safer-Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spybot-S&D 2 Security Center Service (SDWSCService) - Safer-Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDWSCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Skype C2C Service - Skype Technologies S.A. - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype\Toolbars\Skype C2C Service\c2c_service.exe
O23 - Service: Skype Updater (SkypeUpdate) - Skype Technologies - C:\Program Files\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

End of file - 11488 bytes

Collapse -
Boom Noise & Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 12:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Boom Noise & Shutdown

I found the problem with boom noise on boot-up. Went to Event Viewer. Here it is:

The CGPS Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Clicked on link at bottom and it said to verify it was configured properly, didn't have a virus and something else. I don't know how to do this.

Collapse -
That's not conclusive.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 1:03 AM PDT

But let's go with the next steps. You could research what program uses that and uninstall that program.

I'm thinking this message is the usual too many protection software titles installed. I see Norton, Spybot, and "Constant Guard."

It's no longer funny to see folk installing more than one protection system. But I doubt this is the cause of the boom noise. I could be wrong.

Collapse -
Boom noise & Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 8:25 AM PDT
In reply to: That's not conclusive.

Nothing I do or give here seems enough. I am trying my best! Constant Guard is part of my Norton Security Suite with Comcast, my ISP provider. It allows me to log-in with a PIN# to pay my Comcast bill online, my student loan lenders, my medicare account and food stamps, etc. Also my bank. It is a secure, locked window. It was recommended to me to get Spybot S&D but will uninstall it then. The boom noise began Sunday. I cannot do system restore. I have tried several times and it keeps saying wasn't done.

Collapse -
The common reason I can't SR is Norton
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 8:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Boom noise & Shutdown
Collapse -
Boom Noise and Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 6:14 PM PDT

Oh my and Comcast never told me haha. I guess it would be safe to shut down anti-virus, firewall, etc. for a bit to do it. Thanks!

Collapse -
Did you ever look at Device Manager?
by wpgwpg / April 10, 2013 12:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Boom noise & Shutdown

Did you ever look at Device Manager? I've asked twice but never saw an answer.
Regarding Bob's post about Norton, I looked at that link, but the Norton Security Suite as supplied by Comcast was not mentioned there. I've been using that same software from Comcast for the last 15 months, and I don't have any of the problems you've reported. I've suspected you have a driver problem from the beginning, but if you're not going to look at Device Manager, we may never know.
I'm sorry about your problems, but you have to understand that there are BILLIONS of computer instructions in Windows so to say that we're looking for a needle in a haystack here is a gross understatement. Since you have no backup, don't have install or recovery discs, and are unable to take your computer to the shop, you're unable to do what is usually needed to recover from your problems like the vast majority of folks do. I hope this has taught you the need to avail yourself of the ounce of prevention in the future because you're certainly into the painful pound of cure now.

Collapse -
Boom Noise & Shutdown
by vocaldix / April 10, 2013 6:18 PM PDT

Yes I looked at device manager. I thought I mentioned it but guess not. No problems there no ? or anything. Have checked drivers and none need be updated. This computer does have backup. It has done so many times. The Boom noise on boot-up is gone! I uninstalled Spybot S&D. It was the problem for that yay! A PC tech friend of mine recommended Spybot for my registry problems. Guess don't listen to friends even if they do have a degree.

Collapse -
Good to see that log.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 12:58 AM PDT

What you do next is examine each line and learn what it does. I see the outdated Spybot in there at the same time as Norton so you do have to decide which protection you want to use.

More than one and you usually see speed issues.

That boom is something from a few days ago so System Restore is best.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.