Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

What is a goodsecure way to file clients on pc?

by nsaretards / September 6, 2012 8:03 AM PDT

I have a small business and only have one personal laptop. and believe it or not, just use a track phone and my home phone line to use for personal and limited business. . I really can not afford paying a fifty dollar a month for smart phone services.. what are my options for setting up a log for clients addresses phone #s etc.?I suppose the latest track phones offer somewhat a cheaper monthly service package. I do not like texting or phone talk/ no games..all i am thinking is a useful option to log clients to help nuild and speed my local handyman business a bit. tia john

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is a goodsecure way to file clients on pc?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is a goodsecure way to file clients on pc?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
btw, how do i edit or even delete my own posts?
by nsaretards / September 6, 2012 10:01 AM PDT

I wanted to edit my first post but see no editing features, are there features to edit or delete my posts on cnet forum? tia

Collapse -
No edit. Just preview.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2012 10:03 AM PDT

If you want to see your post before clicking the last button, click Preview instead.

To have a post deleted, clicke the Triangle with the ! sign and ask for removal.

And before you go over why you want to edit a post, it's been discussed for years and for now, no editing.

Collapse -
Re: log
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 6, 2012 6:08 PM PDT

What do you mean with "file clients" and "log clients"?

Collapse -
I am not sure myself
by nsaretards / September 8, 2012 12:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: log

I guess, I want to eventually store/file all my customers on a memory card for my convenience instead of using pen and paper address book. I have a pc laptop I use for internet. I am using windows 7 , how do I create a job calendar list of addresses and phone numbers for my customer base? I was also thinking I could eventually print out seasonal mailing fliers. Is this something I can do with with windows 7 ? tia

Collapse -
Re: clients
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 8, 2012 1:11 AM PDT
In reply to: I am not sure myself

I find a spreadsheet (for example MS Excel) a nice way of keeping such data. And if you include the email address as part of the data, you can use mail merge in MS Word to create mails.

Collapse -
MS spreadsheet for emails
by nsaretards / September 14, 2012 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: clients

That is a good idea, I did create a webpage and currently trying local free advertising but it really has not worked as well as local town district paper advertising. I do not think to pay for premium advertising of my webpage on any online advertising outside of say a twenty mile radius of my business where I'm not servicing anyway. ALBEIT, still running a go daddy webpage i built for over a year on free service ad sites like craigslist, ebay/ sites that offer free advertising. So far, I am not impressed and kind of disappointed seeing all the competition in these local online directories.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.