Camcorders forum

Question

What is a good 1080p 60fps camera?

by sayshell / March 27, 2012 6:27 AM PDT

I was looking at the Sanyo Xacti VPC-FH1 but people say the quality isn't too good. Right now I use a JVC everio HD3. My priorities in a camera are as following

1) picture quality... films in good format (frames flow well), picture is super crisp especially when moving the camera to follow something, works well in most lighting, and has to be able to record 60fps in 1080p

2) practical... batter lasts at least an hour, can film 1080p 60fps for at least an hour, doesn't do anything stupid like stop working while I am filming and can take abuse within reason.

3) functions... more useful functions less useless ones. Don't need garbage that you can do in an editior, just useful things to improve picture quality. 10X zoom or more is great.

4) price... 400-1200$

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is a good 1080p 60fps camera?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is a good 1080p 60fps camera?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
What did the finder find?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2012 7:16 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Sony Cybershot :3
by LilMerkEm1889 / July 7, 2012 5:13 AM PDT

Im actually really hooked on this camera and will most likely buy it. Have heard really good stuff about it and the YouTube videos ive seen on it look great Grin It does Full 1080p at 60fps and 30x optical and 60x sony smart zoom, and goes up to 120x digital zoom. But 30x optical is more than enough lol. And its $50 above your minimal spending budget so if i were you id definitely look into it Grin

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=DSCHX200V/B

Collapse -
Well
by Ohyehah1 / October 27, 2012 8:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Sony Cybershot :3

That's just great, except for the fact that you're talking about a camera, and not a comcorder. It's a kinda big difference. A camera takes still-pictures, while a camcorder films.

Collapse -
Your reply is pointless.
by danym1998 / November 17, 2012 2:53 PM PST
In reply to: Well

The entire range of newer DSLR cameras are fully capable fo taking high resolution videos. I own a Canon EOS Rebel T3 and it takes masterful 720 videos. Camcorders are much better at stabilizing and are more capable for the harder videography, but in comparison they don't differ all that much. Especially since most Camcorders can also take pictures. The specs on that Camera are mouth watering and I would buy it, but I am content with my Canon, for now, so instead of trying to act smart, get educated ont eh subject then come back.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.