iPhones, iPods, & iPads

General discussion

What iPhone case you are using?

by jacksonbird03 / May 6, 2013 3:43 PM PDT

I am sure everyone would have difficulties finding a suitable case for your iPhone, whether it's hard or soft, case or bumper, simple elegant or colourful fancies. Please share your current and past cases pros and cons.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What iPhone case you are using?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What iPhone case you are using?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SPAM FREE ZONE
by birdmantd Forum moderator / May 7, 2013 2:05 AM PDT

REMINDER TO ALL:

FEEL FREE TO MENTION PRODUCT NAMES BUT DO NOT POST INTERNET LINKS AS THOSE POSTS WILL BE DELETED AS SPAM.

Collapse -
I hate threads like these
by Pepe7 / May 7, 2013 11:53 AM PDT

First, they are a dime a dozen. Second, there are so many different iPhone models that the list gets mixed up quickly by folks who aren't savvy enough to recognize that many cases they recommend for themselves only work on specific iPhone models not being referred to in the same thread by others, etc. Pointless.

Collapse -
best
by finksugarr / May 7, 2013 6:10 PM PDT

Otterbox, Ballistic, and Flip cover.

Collapse -
This thread could result in thousands of replies...
by moore2772 / May 8, 2013 2:40 PM PDT

But, anyway, I used the Nuguard KX just because it offers pretty close to the ultimate protection. This is the case they drop from a ladder 20 feet onto a concrete floor, and the iPhone just bounces a little with no damage. The case is lightweight, but a little bulky around the ports, making it hard to use some accessories without a little modification to either the accessories or the case. The iPhone 5 is a beautiful device, and I hate to put it into any kind of case, but I also don't want to damage it accidentally. I don't know how to resolve this dilemma.

Collapse -
design iphone case
by iphonecase1986 / May 14, 2013 4:44 PM PDT

i use my own graphic design iphone case rather than other functional case. fashion and style is my first priority!

Collapse -
nice
by cnettman / May 15, 2013 2:17 PM PDT
In reply to: design iphone case

Really? Can you post some of your own design iPhone case?

Collapse -
My cases
by budgetsloving / May 20, 2013 1:37 PM PDT

The old ones:

Liked:
Crystal Hard Case Skin Cover for Apple iPhone 4G w/Apple Logo
Steve Jobs & Apple Logo Black Plastic Case Cover for iPhone 4
Wood Texture Leather Skin Hard Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4
Portable Sport Armband Rounding Hard Case Cover For iPhone 3G/3GS

Seldom usage:
6X18 Zoom Mobile Phone Telescope w/Transparent Case for iPhone 4G
Soft Silicone Case Cover Game Hand Control Console for Apple iPhone 4

New ones:

Like very much:)
Dior Vernis Nail Color Design Hard Case Cover for iPhone 5
KOKO 3D Cat Ear Soft Silicone Case Cover for iPhone 5
Sweet Color Slim Plastic Bumper Case Cover for iPhone 5
Angry Bird Cartoon Pattern Slim TPU Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5

Just so so:
Simple Style Semi-Transparent Slim TPU Case Cover for iPhone 5
Unique Tape Retro Style Soft Silicone Case Cover for iPhone 5
Fashion Apple Logo Plastic Hard Case Cover for iPhone 5

Collapse -
iphone case
by SwitchBladeRunner / May 20, 2013 2:01 PM PDT

I'm using the Blade Metal Bumper.. I've had it for a couple weeks and I must say it's the best case I tried so far. I used to use an Incase but wanted something more simple and just went with the bumber and so far I got a lot of attention and people asking where I got it from. I got it for a great price at repairem.com they have good prices and quick service.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.