Laptops forum

What computer company has one of the best customer service?

by db2atcnet / January 10, 2013 4:12 AM PST

My Dell Lap top died after 7 years, good computer ife, but so very bad customer service off and no for that 7 years.

It seems that the price for the laptop and who makes it is not important and how much I pay for extended service both hardware and software is not important.

The biggest problem is who will back the warrenty and extended contract support.

I have no problem with all the pricing, my biggest concern is that after I pay.... who will answer the phone.

I would love to change over to Apple, but too much money with PC software.

Please... any customer service pointers ???? Also I can't seem to find any customer reviews since 2010.

I'm on my knees, please point me in the correct direction.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What computer company has one of the best customer service?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What computer company has one of the best customer service?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
None really.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 11, 2013 12:44 AM PST

While I've had great luck with Apple it means an upcharge in costs that some don't want to pay.

To get better service I suggest you get a "computer coach". It's like a personal trainer for PCs. They'll take care of your PC and help you keep it running.

-> Why folk need this is simple. Most clients will never backup their PC on any regular schedule and when a virus or issue hits they don't want to deal with it. Phone support is not cutting it for these folk.

Collapse -
The Feb. issue of PC World rates them
by wpgwpg / January 11, 2013 1:11 AM PST

I just got the Feb. issue of PC World yesterday, and they have a 4 page write-up on this subject, based on feedback from 45,000 folks they asked. For laptops the most likely to recommend were in order: Apple, Samsung, Lenovo, Asus, Toshiba, Dell for business, Acer. The 4 least likely to recommend were in order: Sony, HP for home, Dell for home, HP for Business. Apple was at the top in all the ratings, but not by enough in my opinion to justify the extra costs when buying the computer or applications for it (unless you can get an education discount).
As Bob suggests, your best bet is to find a local computer guru who can help you when you need help.

Collapse -
I've also seen publications
by orlbuckeye / January 14, 2013 9:47 PM PST

that have Lenova as the best non-Apple support. I myself have never owned one. The one thing is if your computer never breaks then you don't have to worry about support. I myself have had great luck with Acer. My oldest Acer is 6 years old and never been serviced and still used by a friend today.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.