1) At your budget, you agree that your selection is limited to just a little above entry-level consumer grade.
2) What sort of video "copies give to parents and other coaches" are you planning? Would this be unedited files or edited?
3) "another camera"? What is the current camera and is its video expected to be used with the new camera?
4) "I could just plug into my computer and transfer files easily" to which computer, which operating system, which media player would be used?
5) Is high definition video required?
6) How important is audio?
7) Will someone be operating the camcorder during recording or is the expectation to press record and walk away?
Have you found anything in your price range you are considering so far?
9) Are all recording sessions under good, daylight, operating conditions?
Hello All, I'm new to the camcorder world and i was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips about purchasing. The primary use for this camera would be to video sporting events and making copies to give to parents and other coaches. I am a Football coach and it's time to buy another camera to film our games. I would like one with an easy operating system so I could just plug into my computer and transfer files easily. I was hoping someone had some good advice on which one I should buy. Need to stay below 400.00. Any help is appreciated!!!