TVs & Home Theaters forum

Wega Trinitron sound doesn't work through the speakers.

by mlempenau / September 10, 2013 11:58 PM PDT

I have a model KV-AD322M64. I can plug in headphones and sound is perfect. But nothing out of the speakers using all imputs. I let it set for an hour or more and I will hear a click and the sound will come on and work perfectly. Once it stopped working before I turned it off. Must be a relay in there someplace not working. I'm hopeing someone can give me more info so I can order the part and then change it. I have worked on TVs in the past.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wega Trinitron sound doesn't work through the speakers.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wega Trinitron sound doesn't work through the speakers.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Bad power supply
by mjd420nova / September 11, 2013 12:58 PM PDT

The unit has a bad power supply. One or more regulators may have failed and requires an extended power on period before it cam reach full power and close the circuit to power the final stages. One other fault could be a failed or toasted final amplifier transistor that won't output until hot. A can of freeze spray would find the culprit by spraying transistors/regulators while the unit is playing and the one the spray knocks out the sound is the one. There may be more than one so more searching may be needed.

Collapse -
Can hear some sound
by mlempenau / September 11, 2013 10:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Bad power supply

Very good ideas. One other note ... when I increase the volumb I can hear faint distorted sound from the speakers. Seems like I have to wait more than two hours before I hear a click and then have sound.

Collapse -
Seriously, do you really think it's worthwhile to do this?
by Oldartq / September 11, 2013 7:17 PM PDT

Maybe a work around might be better. How about a amplified computer speaker instead? As a tv repair tech, you know you need a schematic diagram first. Assuming you can get much you think it will cost. Personally I have my doubt about the relay. A relay in the audio circuit kind of leaves me scratching my head. Anyway, I just don't think it's economically sound..that's all.

Collapse -
Schematic diagrams expensive
by mlempenau / September 11, 2013 10:19 PM PDT

The last time I tried to get a schematic diagram all they wanted was money money money. The part or circuit card if I could determine it would probably not be too expensive. I have thought about using an amp powered by the headphone jack and hooked to a set of speakers. I have extra speakers but at the moment no amp.

Collapse -
Amazon audio amp
by mlempenau / September 14, 2013 10:40 PM PDT

I buy almost everything from amazon but totally didn't consider even looking for something like this. It is perfect and truly cost effective. I am also becoming a avid user of forums. My thinks for helping me find a simple and cost effective solution to my problem.

Collapse -
Hope it will solve your problem.
by Oldartq / September 15, 2013 1:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Amazon audio amp

I got one of these (older model) not too long ago. The size was actually very small, but I was surprised that it has very good fidelity and power.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.