Computer Help forum

General discussion

Websites redirected Malware? Spyware? Hacker?

by sibrowsers82 / April 19, 2009 8:24 AM PDT

Hi All

For the past month or so I have been trying to access a number of sites flurl and youfilehost for example everytime im being redirected to a website call brazzers. I have tried all types of spyware removal and I have even formatted my pc to see if that resolved the issue, the first time it didn't the second time I loaded on zonealarm aswell which helped for about an hour then it happended again. I can't see or nor can I get any software to find the cause.
I have searched the internet and have found a few other people with the problem but no fix.
Can anyone help?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Websites redirected Malware? Spyware? Hacker?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Websites redirected Malware? Spyware? Hacker?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: Websites redirected Malware? Spyware? Hacker?
by C_Jones / April 19, 2009 11:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
In Addition To The Tools Mentioned Above
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 20, 2009 1:32 AM PDT

...because of the redirects, please check the items below:

Look for the file below and if there...:

Delete it (or move/rename) and Reboot.

It would also help to know which operating system you're using, make and model of the computer, etc.

And if you haven't already, try using Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware listed in the links in the earlier post.. If the programs won't install, try renaming the installer file to something different.. Then, if it installs correctly, but won't run, then open the Program Files folder for that program and rename the program executable to something different and double click on it to run the program.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Still need help!!!!!!!!!
by sibrowsers82 / April 20, 2009 2:18 AM PDT

I have used most of the above programs without any results it seems to be some kind of malware/hacking tool thats caused the websites to redirect.
I have tried to find C:/Windows/system32/wdmaud.sys but all i can find is C:/Windows/system32/wdmaud.drv.
Im running Vista 64bit with eset virus scan plus trial version of zonealarm ( i was hoping zonealarm would detect it)

Collapse -
What Does "Most" Of The Tools Mean?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 20, 2009 4:46 AM PDT

Tell us the exact programs you've used, were you able to run full scans with those tools, and if you found anything, what was found?

If the wdmaud.sys file is not in the C:\Windows\System32 folder, then don't delete anything else.. The others are legitimate files.

If you are running BOTH ESET and ZoneAlarm with its antivirus, then you're running two antivirus programs at the same time.. That's generally not a good thing as they can conflict with each other. (You should problem uninstall one of the real-time virus scanners.) On the other hand, if you're using the free ZoneAlarm which ONLY contains the firewall, then that's not a problem, except to say it won't find malware.. It's only a firewall.. Please let us know which option you're using..

Tried cleaning out all the Temporary Internet Files and Temp folders?

Tried downloading and installing a second browser such as the free Firefox browser below? Does it run correctly without any redirects?

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Still being redirected
by sibrowsers82 / April 21, 2009 2:56 AM PDT

Programs ive tried:-

and a few more, more important i have fotmatted twice now and 2nd time managed to connect to flurl homepage which I wasn't able to do before then after about 5 mins the redirecting came back. So I have reset my router and will have the password changed in 24 hr. Haven't tried firefox but i will do if the pw change doesn't work.
What I find strange is that there arn't more people with the problem as the sites must be used by thousands of people.

Collapse -
Had a breakthrough
by sibrowsers82 / April 21, 2009 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Still being redirected

I know this sounds lame but...I have just reset internet explorer settings back to default and its worked for the meantime. I will keep an eye on it and update you on the matter

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.