The CNET Lounge

Question

Website interaction

by PorkyJJ / December 5, 2012 8:39 PM PST

I wasn't really sure where I should post this topic so if needed, the moderators can move this to an appropriate spot.

I don't know if it's just me, but I have noticed, moreso over the past couple of years, that too many websites that have that "CONTACT US" feature don't use it properly or don't use it at all.

Often times we'll all have a question about product "ABC" I tend to contact manufacturers during off peak hours, usually early in the mroning before I start my day. I find if I call their 800 number it's anyone's guess who you'll talk too, not to mention the menu process. With CONTACT US I have no problem waiting for the following day for a response.

It used to be that I barely got any responses. Now I find I'm getting what I refer to as BOT repsonse. Smart computers that can answer your questions. They don't really address my concerns and almost no referrence to the question I asked.

Too many companies are interested in sales only and very little to do with customer service anymore. We know that anything customer service is a cost to companies.It's coming across as a major disconnect between the company and the customer

Does anyone know anything about these BOT responses that seemingly are suppose to answer YOUR concerns? They suck big time. Now, I won't deal with companies that can't talk to me

Between and Q&A and questions about product ABC, it's hard to get through to any of them. Really, what kind of service do we get any more?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Website interaction
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Website interaction
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I won't deal with companies that can't talk to me
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2012 4:34 AM PST
In reply to: Website interaction

I think you're doing the right thing. I see this a lot in the CNET forums with member searching for answers and once in a while you see the question that if the maker/seller/vendor did not answer, you know the right answer is "Don't buy if they don't answer."

Some members have been upset with me on that but it's the only way to vote and send the message.

-> For example, Windows 8 RT sales are sending the message right now. Might take a while for them to figure it out.
Bob

Collapse -
thanks
by PorkyJJ / December 6, 2012 6:01 AM PST

Thank you for your response. So, I'm NOT the only one that feels this way. tada. I am right after all.
(wait till I tell my wife Grin ).
I get so ticked at some companies that don't seem to care if they hear you or not. And, if they do give you any answer at all, it's usually a one or two word reply.No humanized connection
There is one company that I know virtually everyone on this forum has been to ( I will not mention the store name)
Their stores are great to deal with. Their online services suck royally.

Collapse -
I know that one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2012 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: thanks

They invested in the stores and have (mostly) great people there. I hate to write this but when my problem reaches the point I need help, they usually have to do the factory reset.

But in those cases (except one!) it was my fault as I author apps and could have made a mistake. I make a lot of them as the apps grow.

-> The one exception was another company that when my new laptop would not boot with the smart phone plugged in had me stumped. I called in after I found out it was a common glitch in the BIOS. They needed to get that fixed. The laptop otherwise was as good as it gets.

Sadly they fixed it for me. The laptop on return would lock up in 5 minutes and this big name with 2 letters walked. 9 months later I wrote it off and began sharing my story online. A social rep looked into it but could not correct it either. This company does not make it's own gear so they can't fix the bugs.

So for now until they get the capability to correct product bugs there is no reason to go near their products.

I feel fortunate that it was not a disaster for me as the office swapped out the machine but can you imagine average Joe/Jane?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.