PC Hardware

General discussion

Webcam Installation

by darkreaver723 / December 2, 2005 9:38 PM PST

Alright..I bought this webcam but it didn't come with a driver installation disc. I figure I could find it online but I can't find anything..anywhere. When I plug the USB cable into the computer it pops up new hardware to install. It says "CIF Single Chip" and then "SOC PC-Camera" and I start to install it and it pops up telling me select the location to download the pfc027.sys. All I know is the cam is a WordTec PC Camera. I can't find the manufacturer or anything. Is there anyway someone can hook me up with where I can get a driver for this kind of cam. Since it is CMOS and CIF Single chip ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Webcam Installation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Webcam Installation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A search in Google. . .
by Coryphaeus / December 2, 2005 9:43 PM PST
In reply to: Webcam Installation

for WordTec PC Camera shows 71 results, most in French, Spanish, and German.

Collapse -
Well...
by darkreaver723 / December 2, 2005 9:50 PM PST

Thanks for the help but that gave me nothing. No site of the manufacturer or a place where I could get the driver for it.

Collapse -
Sometimes that happens. . .
by Coryphaeus / December 3, 2005 9:01 AM PST
In reply to: Well...

with off-brand, discontinued, or no-name equipment. You takes your chances.

Collapse -
Webcam Installation
by 09Bentley / December 3, 2005 11:28 AM PST

I went to Walmart and bought a $19 digital camera (the
brand name is "DIGITAL" (?). I plugged it into a USB port, went to MSN Instant Messenger and started sending pix. What driver?? We ain't got no stinkin' driver!

Collapse -
by darkreaver723 / December 3, 2005 1:36 PM PST

This isn't a digital camera smart one.

Collapse -
Hmmm
by darkreaver723 / December 3, 2005 1:38 PM PST

This isn't a digital camera smart one.

Collapse -
Probable - driver available
by jack_bilinski / December 25, 2005 8:51 AM PST

Dear Dark,
The SOC abbreviation is commonly used to indicate "System-On-a-Chip" CMOS PC Cameras(search for "soc pc camera" on any search engine). There are many manufacturers but this one www.jeilin.com.tw/English/ should point the right way or try www.asiansources.com too. If you still have trouble, reply here to me and I'll send you the installer that I have. It has worked for me on a little red CMOS 640X480 with stand and microphone - program installs as "AMCAP.exe".
Jack Bilinski

Collapse -
Is your webcam listed here?
by jack_bilinski / December 25, 2005 10:06 AM PST

Dark,

Here's the source of PFC027.sys drivers.

http://www.qtec.info/products/group.htm?pc=SOUND-VISION

If this page shows your webcam, goto the appropriate page and click on technical information and download the entire driver and follow the instructions on this site. Hope this solves your problem.

Jack Bilinski

Collapse -
pc camera not working
by k.ahmad / April 26, 2007 4:52 PM PDT

I bought a new wordtech pc camera but I am not able to install its driver from cd.I am having pentium 4 with xp window. Please advise me . my e-mail address is khurshid_carrier@yahoo.com
Thanks
Khurshid

Collapse -
usb pc camera installation
by loubornman / November 9, 2009 12:46 AM PST

Can you nice guys help me with the installation software for EVISION BASE pc webcam??

Collapse -
Webcam
by xllxkatiexllx / November 2, 2011 1:13 AM PDT

Hi I got a webcam from a friend and they could not find the disc so I looked online and found software downloaded it all was fine until I opened it and found there was no image coming up on the AMcam but when i was clicking the wee button on my cam to open the AMcam it was opening but still no image so obv it was recognizing it but could someone help with it not showing an image

Collapse -
What you find is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Webcam
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.