Samsung forum

Question

Web browser on Samsung UA40D6000 TV

by ajt74 / November 9, 2011 5:30 PM PST

Hi, How can I get/install web browser application on 3d LED TV UA40D6000?
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I have recently updated its firmware available from Samsung website.
Any help?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Web browser on Samsung UA40D6000 TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Web browser on Samsung UA40D6000 TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2011 2:16 AM PST

ajt74,

Collapse -
Answer
by ajt74 / November 10, 2011 3:38 AM PST

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Do I need to upgrade to other model to get
web browser application on my TV? Mine one is pretty new I don't
understand why I don't have this application? I am based at NZ though.

Thanks

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2011 9:13 AM PST

ajt74,

Collapse -
by nmitchnz / April 11, 2012 5:04 PM PDT

Hey,

I have also purchased one of these so called "@internet tvs", same model. No these models dont have web browsers which is very disappointing and a waste of money and not something I would expect from Samsung as usually they are a leader with their range of products. Not this time I am afraid.

You only have to search the web for the numerous complaints about people in the same position. There is little point in having an internet connected tv without a web browser. The range of 'apps' available is limited and restrictive. Like most people I purchased an "internet tv" so I didnt have to watch tv on my laptop, but have found that I have wasted my money for this purpose.

If you read throiugh some of the forums about this subject it sounds like samsung wont release web browsers for them either, they would rather you buy the new models... however it will be my last samsung product purchase.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 12, 2012 1:35 AM PDT

nmitchnz -

Sorry to hear it didn't meet your expectations.

The Samsung SmartTV apps suite was the most robust and widely supported platform for Apps in 2011. No other TV manufacturer did it better, and few even offered a browser at all. (I think one company did, but it was extremely limited).

While SmartTVs are still in development, there are early adopters who don't get all the features that are improved with subsequent models. That's unfortunately the nature of this industry, and many others. Sometimes people expect a perfect product "out of the gate", but development and improvements are often slower than expectations when stacked against, say a computer's internet browser, which has developed over the last 2 decades. Years of agreements for browser partners, licensing and other factors go into what we know today on just Windows computers.

In contrast, our first ever connected TV was in 2008, and had weather, text-only news and stock lookup, and that was it - but we became the first Internet connected TV with a Yahoo partnership.

I hope this helps shed a little light on the topic. We do add many of the features of SmartTV on our Blu-Ray players. People have an option to upgrade those without having to buy a new TV, also, at a fraction of the cost.

Anyway, I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectation, and I hope we can earn your business in the future.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.