Samsung forum

General discussion

weak or no signal message

by Flyhigh1976 / July 21, 2009 4:47 AM PDT

I bought a B650 Samsung TV last week. I have basic cable and it is connected directly to the TV. I get picture and sound for few minutes, somewhere between 2-10 minutes, before the screen goes blank and displays "weak or no signal" message. If I shut down the TV and restart after 10-15 minutes the whole process is repeated. Is this due to a problem with the TV or with the cable connection? How can I fix this is problem? BTW I have no issues watching movies on DVD.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: weak or no signal message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: weak or no signal message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
weak signal
by CHUCKMALLEY / July 21, 2009 9:15 AM PDT

Your tv has a built in tuner. When you say,"directly connected to the tv" does that mean no cable box? Have you gone to the menu/settings and selected a "source" for your cable signal? You need to do that. If that doesn't work, call your cable provider for a digital converter box. Mine supplied one at no charge.

Collapse -
weak or no signal message
by Flyhigh1976 / July 21, 2009 9:31 AM PDT
In reply to: weak signal

I do not have a cable box and TV is connected via coaxial cable to the cable outlet. Yes the TV "source" is set to cable.

Any other suggestions? I have contacted the cable company and they will be sending a technician next week to check the signal quality. In the mean time is there something I can do to confirm the TV is not causing the problem?

Collapse -
Similar problem?
by jw650 / July 21, 2009 6:20 PM PDT

Another user reported similar problems with signal loss, including channels not being saved, but has not yet reported a fix. Some of the suggestions might be worth trying, though.
I don't think they called in the cable company - that seems a good starting point.

Collapse -
weak or no signal message-Samsung LN46B650
by Flyhigh1976 / July 22, 2009 6:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Similar problem?

Thanks for the link to another thread.
BTW: What do I need to do get a reply from Samsung employee to respond to my query?

Collapse -
NO Signal Message
by bobby1895 / January 10, 2010 12:31 AM PST

i am having the same problem. Did you find any soultion. Please let me know

Collapse -
when Samsung tv is turned on
by joe-cat / August 11, 2010 5:57 AM PDT

When Samsung tv is turned on a bar comes on the screen saying weak or no signal appears how do I get out of this

Collapse -
Scrambled or NO signal
by RealAssets / April 25, 2014 9:14 PM PDT

I have the same problem, and it just happened suddenly. For a week now, I have one channel, NBCs local affiliate, WFAA that has just GONE!.

Nothing helped so far...any progress on this by anyone in getting to a fix?

I realize this is an old thread, but now its happening to me!

Collapse -
Re: Scrambled or NO signal
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 8, 2014 1:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Scrambled or NO signal

Hi RealAssets,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

HD Tech

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.