Samsung

Question

Warning Stop Allshare Service

by north43west80 / January 25, 2012 9:27 PM PST

A rectangular balloon pops up from the right hand side of the task bar (where the time is displayed) stating "Warning Stop Allshare Service". What is causing this?? Allshare's icon is displayed in this area as well but has an "x" on it. When I want to use it I right click on it and select "run allshare service". Allshare works fine but why the alert? Any suggestions? Allshare is running on windows xp Home SP3. My Router is a NetGear N600 Model WNDR3700v2. My TV is a Samsung Plazma Model PN50C540G3FXZ3 which was not on at the time. The Set is WiFi and also connected via a LAN cable to my Router because the house has very thick walls. Thanks in advance. Jim

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Warning Stop Allshare Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Warning Stop Allshare Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Warning Stop Allshare Service
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 27, 2012 12:08 AM PST

north43west80,

Collapse -
Thanks and another Question for HDTech.
by north43west80 / January 29, 2012 5:52 AM PST

I'll check my Windows and MacAfee firewalls. Also, I see Allshare is running in the background through msconfig/startup but when I switch on my TV it doesn't see Allshare until I actualy DBL click and run it. Is this right ??? There is no ALlshare icon visible on my taskbar which displays TSRs... NW

Collapse -
Warning Stop AllShare Service & AllShare Server has shut dow
by lehons / March 18, 2012 10:33 AM PDT

Hi HDTech.

I'm experiencing the same problem as north43west80. I don't think it's related to a firewall or security issue. Unless due to a windows update, I haven't changed any security settings or installed any new software recently.

The problem coincided with beginning to use a second user account on my Windows 7 Home PC. My girlfriend has had her own user set up for over a year now, but only in the last week did we start using it. Until then her documents were stored there, but we never logged onto that user account, we just shared use of a single account.

Since we started simultaneously running two accounts (we use fast user switching, we don't log off), I can't keep the Samsung AllShare server running. I can launch it and get it to start, but within a few minutes I get either or both the following errors:
-Windows gives a warning: "Stop AllShare service"
-If the AllShare application is running, it gives an error saying "The AllShare Shared Server has shut down. It will restart."
(I have saved screenshots of both, but can't attached them to this post)

This evening I tried disabling the AllShareAgent.exe from windows startup in msconfig.exe, but added it to the startup folder on one of the accounts, as I suspect that there's a problem with 2 simultaneous instances of the server running. That doesn't seem to have helped: I just got the error, but can confirm that the server is running on only one user account, not the other.

I will try tomorrow only logging on to one of the accounts, and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks,

lehons

Collapse -
Answer
This problem is caused by some wierd files in your library
by WilliamKnak / June 12, 2012 2:56 PM PDT

In my post (portuguese) here: http://vextenso.com.br/blog/106/interromper-o-servico-allshare.html, I found that this problem is caused by some file problems in your library that crashes AllShare service.

Detect the file is not easy if you have a lot of it, but after remove them, AllShare will run without any problem. I have Windows 7 64bits.

Also, if you can't remove files, try removing libraris from the AllShare XML settings at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\AllShare\AllShareDMS\AllShareDmsConfiguration.xml"

Apparently a regular file (Ozzy - Crazy Train.mp3) is one of the files causing problem for me.

I hope Samsung release a patch soon.

Regards,

Collapse -
This suggestion helped me.
by colablizzard / September 23, 2012 12:15 AM PDT

Samsung, can you patch this quickly please?
All Share is very buggy. Lots of other bugs too.

Collapse -
Answer
(possible) solution for Warning Stop Allshare Service
by mramsch / November 17, 2012 5:39 PM PST

Since updating to Samsung AllShare v2.1.0.12031_10 from 2012-04-02 (which solved some other bugs, e.g. now finally very large folders are viewable), I experienced this "Warning Stop Allshare Service", too. After booting into Windows XP (SP3), sometimes AllShared worked, but most of the time the AllShare symbol in info tray turned pale with red X.

Control Panel -> Management -> Event Viewer -> Application then always shows:

----- start of error message -----
[q][quote]Service cannot be started. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010002): Call was canceled by the message filter. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010002 RPC_E_CALL_CANCELED))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at AllShareDmsUtil.Manager.AllShareDmsManager.InitEventWatcher()
at AllShareDmsUtil.Manager.AllShareDmsManager.Initialize()
at AllShareDmsUtil.Manager.AllShareDmsManager..ctor()
at AllShareDmsUtil.Manager.AllShareDmsManager.get_Instance()
at AllShareDMS.AllShareDMS.DoStart()
at AllShareDMS.AllShareDMS.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)[/quote][/q]
----- end of error message -----

After months of repeated investigation--without any helpful answers by Smasung--, I seem to have found the deeper cause and a solution at last:

The "SamsungAllshareV2.0" service seems to need "Windows Management Instrumentation" (winmgmt) service up and running!

On older/slower systems Allshare happens to start up before winmgmt is ready, and fails. And whey you (the user) eventually restart Allshare manually, surprisingly everything works fine, because util then winmgmt already is fully functional.

The solution is to make the Allshare service depend on winmgmt service! Then Windows itself safeguards the proper startup sequence ...

Making SamsungAllshareV2.0 service depend on winmgmt service needs this tiny registry modification:
----- start of SamsungAllshareFix.reg -----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SamsungAllShareV2.0]
"DependOnService"=hex(7):77,00,69,00,6e,00,6d,00,67,00,6d,00,74,00,00,00,00,00

----- end of SamsungAllshareFix.reg -----

Or manually in Registry Editor, this simply means setting value "winmgmt" (without the quotes).

This fix works perfectly for me, and the Samsung Allshare service now starts up fine every time!

Ciao,
Martin

Collapse -
Registry modification for WarningStop AllShare Service
by SoyDiavolo / November 24, 2012 6:25 AM PST

Hi Martin,

I like your solution modifying de registry, but I don't know how to do...

What type of registry need to create? I not used to modify de registry and I'm scared :s

Can you attach any screen capture to see it?

Lot of thanks

P.D: Sorry for my english Sad

Collapse -
Works!
by livens01 / December 4, 2012 10:50 PM PST

I have never has Samsung's AllShare DLNA server start up by itself on boot. I have always had to wait until the warning message came up then restart the server.

But after adding this registry entry it works perfectly now! Samsung should really add this into the next update for the software.

Also in response to SoyDiavolo's comment, adding this into the registry is easy:

1. Create a new text file and paste this in it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SamsungAllShareV2.0]
"DependOnService"=hex(7):77,00,69,00,6e,00,6d,00,67,00,6d,00,74,00,00,00,00,00

2. Save the file and exit notepad or whatever text editor you are using.

3. rename the text file's extension to .reg instead of .txt. Click OK when windows warns you about changing it.

4. Double click your new reg file and say OK to let changes be made to your registry. Thats it your done!

Collapse -
Answer
Use Compatibility Mode
by InteractiveBob / April 26, 2013 4:53 AM PDT

I had this same problem once I upgraded to Win 7 64 bit. This is a 32 bit program and does not play well in the 64 bit environment. Simply right click on the executable (usually found in the Program Files (x86)\Samsung\AllShare folder), select Properties, then the Compatibility tab, and I have been using the Windows XP (Service Pack 2) mode for several weeks with no stoppages (which were occurring about every 60 seconds or so).

I'm really surprised to discover that Microsoft or Smasung does not have this info in their forums.

Good Luck

Collapse -
Answer
Allshare server stops (my answer worked)
by milligan1966 / May 12, 2013 9:11 PM PDT

I had the same problem, server shutting down while it updates. The reason it was doing this on mine was when it updates and it comes to a movie file that has an error, i.e. won't play using normal methods like media player classic for instance, because it can't figure out the format of the file it shuts down. What I did was let it update, open up my computer, make sure your showing hidden files first, then search for MTA files, when you find them set it up so you can see which one was created last, then when your server shuts down see what file it shut down at, remember it updates alphabetically so it's easy to work out which file the updates stopped at. Then move that file somewhere it won't be included in the update and start again. I only had one file that affected it but some people may have more. So repeat until you get out all the files that it stops at. This had me stumped for ages but this worked for me. Good luck. By the way, when I found the bad file and tried to play it to see what was wrong it wouldn't play. It was something I downloaded from a torrent site and never tried it out as soon as I got it, which I do normally do. There you go, Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.