Phones

General discussion

VX8100 vs. E815

by saurabhs / July 31, 2005 2:08 AM PDT

i was looking at both of those phones and they look the same
are there any problems that people have had using using either one of these phones
if so please tell me
thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: VX8100 vs. E815
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: VX8100 vs. E815
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
VX8100 vs. E815
by kewlbreez / July 31, 2005 8:29 AM PDT
In reply to: VX8100 vs. E815

Apparently users prefer the 815...see user reviews of it here in CNET. From their reviews I've almost concluded on getting an 815 myself. Good luck!

Collapse -
Choice
by hh / July 31, 2005 9:37 AM PDT

I have been debating that too. A Verizon sales person who has steered me right in the past has told me, "hands down LG VX8100". He is getting one for himself as soon as they re-stock the store.

Collapse -
E815 is far better than the LG8100
by BluetoothKat / October 1, 2005 2:44 AM PDT

I originally purchased the LG8100 but was still torn between the Motorola E815. The sales guy said the only difference was that the E815 speakerphone quality was better; everything else is pretty much the same. So naturally it didn't make sense for me to pay more for a quality that I probably wouldn't use as much anyhow. Well after the first week of using hte LG8100, I came to a realization that this phone, for lack of a better word, SUCKS! I had 2-3 dropped calls already, reception was bad and I couldn't figure out how to even use the lower quality speakerphone (the manual doesn't tell you that you have to HOLD down the Clear button???!). I read reviews on the E815 and was thankful that I had a 15 day return policy with the LG8100. Having said that, the Motorola E815 is FAN-TABULOUS! It's slightly bigger but I've grown to actually like the sleekness of it. It reminds me of an AUDI A4, don't ask. lol. And Reception? Great (has an extended antennae). Screen Color and Clarity? Great. Battery life? Much better so far. I had to get use to menuevering the menu options because I previously had an LG model for 2yrs; but it's not rocket science. I've only had this phone for two weeks now and it's by far the best phone I've EVER had. My friends who have the same phone agree too. There are so many more features I've yet to learn about so my journey with the E815 has just begun. I just got the bluetooth HS850 wireless headset...but that's another entry. Happy So get the E815 if you haven't already! ~BTK

Collapse -
I loved my LG6000, but get the E815
by K.McRea / February 5, 2006 4:54 AM PST

My wife has the 8100 and is on her second phone after they replaced it due to fluctuating volume during calls. The new one is doing the same thing and is a common complaint. The camera sucks, both handsets had a huge delay between pushing the button and the picture actually being taken. Voice activated features are much better, and easier to use on the 815 (I got the 815 after she had problems). The speaker phone on the 815 is great! The 815 is not as pretty, but just plain works better in almost all respects. The 8100 is probably a better MP3 player due to the external controls, and is more adjustable. There seems to be more options you can change: reminder intervals, pics on the screens are independant, movies as wallpaper etc. And the 8100 is well built; solid. But it just doesnt work as well. My wife is stuck, her loss was my gain

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.