Samsung forum

General discussion

Volume control issues LN46A750R

by cartmn / July 21, 2009 7:13 AM PDT

Just wondering if anyone elas has had a problem with the volume going full when you turn the TV on. I turned the TV on with my harmony remote and since it's hooked to my receiver the TV volume is 0. Well I turned the TV on the controls on the side of the TV stayed on and the TV volume went to 100. When I put the volume back down with the TV remote it(TV) emitted a beeping and the red light on the TV would flash. As soon a I let go of the volume button, the volume went back up to 100. Mute wouldn't work as I would hit it and as soon as I let go the volume would be back to 100. I even took the batteries out of all the remotes and itstill did it. Recycling power on the TV did not cure the problem either....any help would be great!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Volume control issues LN46A750R
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Volume control issues LN46A750R
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Volume control issues LN46A750R
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 22, 2009 3:56 AM PDT

cartmn,

Assuming that a button isn't physically stuck on the side, probably the best way to have this issue addressed is with an inspection. It sounds like it's not the remote causing this, but the television itself. You can call 800-SAMSUNG and have a tech come out and repair the unit under your warranty.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thanks
by cartmn / July 22, 2009 11:53 AM PDT

Thanks I called them today, as the TV started doing other funky things as well!

Cheers

Collapse -
fix volume issue?
by simotheus / November 7, 2009 7:08 AM PST
In reply to: thanks

Did you get this issue fixed? I have the same exact problem with my ln46a750 and I use the logitech harmony remote. For some reason, from time to time, I hear a 'beep' from the TV, the buttons on the TV are all lit up, and the volume automatically turns up all the way.

I've been unplugging it to address the issue temporarily, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I'm considered updating the firmware, but I don't know how.

Collapse -
samsung volume stuck problem
by justjosh1 / October 3, 2010 8:00 AM PDT
In reply to: fix volume issue?

I had the same problem this morning. Believe it or not, the problem ended up being dust! I took off the back to get to the guts, NOT the screen, & blew it out w/air from my air compressor at about 40 psi, turned it on & the problem was fixed. Now I've just got to put the bloody thing back on the wall. Good luck!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.