Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Volume Bar Missing

by tzeyangng / April 4, 2007 2:05 PM PDT

Hi,

My window xp volume bar (green color bar appear on the bottom right for few sec when adjust volume) went missing for no reason. Do anyone know how to make it appear again? thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Volume Bar Missing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Volume Bar Missing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
1ST I'd Try a System Restore Point to When....
by tobeach / April 4, 2007 4:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Volume Bar Missing

you're SURE the volume bar was there.
Are you talking about Windows system speaker volume OR 3rd party sound controls (Sound Max or other)??
In my case the box to check to "show volume control on taskbar" is located in Control Panel>sounds & audio devices>Volume Tab. Check to see if check mark is still in box. Add if not & Apply & OK.

You could also check (slim hope) CP>Task bar & start up menu> customize which would apply if no volume anything is still on task bar (nothing to click on to bring up volume control). Good Luck! Happy

Collapse -
It is the window volume bar
by tzeyangng / April 5, 2007 1:06 AM PDT

Hi,

I am not talking about the volume icon in the task bar. The one i am referring to is the green color bar appear at the bottom right, slightly higher than the task bar which will show the level of volume when adjust the volume using your laptop volume control button.

I have thought about restore point, but i have just install VS2005 and some others related components. I afraid it will screw up the VS2005 installation. And currently i suspect on the process i am installing those tools and remove order version and upgrade for the SQL Server Express might contribute to this problem. But i really can't see the link between them. Really appreciate if some one can point out explicitly how to fix this problem.
thanks.

regards,
TY

Collapse -
How to restore Windows XP volume bar and mixer
by gradualstudent / April 22, 2007 11:44 AM PDT

I had the same problem and found the solution at: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=44823

Go to Start > Run and type in: services.msc , and hit enter.
Scroll down to "Windows Audio", right-click on it and select
Properties, set the startup type to Automatic, click Apply and
then click the Start button.

--
Solution originally posted by:
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Collapse -
Missing your Green Volume Bars?
by rch105 / April 14, 2008 11:10 PM PDT

For whatever reasons, I too lost my green volume bars. I tried numerous things and finally, with some hesitation, did an online chat with HP. Well, the guy I got helped me correct my problem the first time. I have an older Pavilion. We ended up uninstalling the keyboard driver, then restarted and it automatically searched and reinstalled the driver. He then directed me to the HP support site for drivers and I downloaded the latest updated driver. My bars are now back...but no longer green...they look like a very pale washed out blue...but they are back. Good Luck and I hope this helps you!

Collapse -
Missing volume bar on display
by grammiejan / July 4, 2007 12:45 AM PDT

I just had a similar problem with my Vista PC after I installed a new mouse.
The volume bar you are describing is on the display when you touch the volume key on the keyboard. If this is the one, you will need to update your driver for your keyboard. I did that, and the volume bar was back. Good luck, and I hope this helps.
Jan

Collapse -
Missing volume bar
by grammiejan / April 12, 2009 9:55 AM PDT

I had the same problem and corrected it by uninstalling my keyboard and downloading the most recent driver and reinstalling it.
I hope this helps. I am currently running Vista, but I'm quite sure this will work on either OS.

Collapse -
missing volume bar
by sedona86336 / November 11, 2009 8:53 AM PST

You need to re-instal A0004320. Some registry cleaners and anti spyware seem to corrupt it. Send me your e-mail (sedona86336@hotmail.com) and I'll send it to you.

Be Well
Goran

Collapse -
Like others, green volume control bar missing
by spishak--2008 / July 30, 2010 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: missing volume bar

I would like to try your suggestion. Would you mind emailing me the file too?
RE: green volume control missing
HP Pavilion M7470, Windows XP

Collapse -
Green Horizontal Volume Bar
by battlescar / January 5, 2010 5:58 AM PST
Collapse -
how fix green volumn bar
by elmino350 / August 9, 2012 9:38 PM PDT

go to manifactors website look-up your model and download factory driver for your keyboard &mouse , download &install note replacement volumn-bar may not green my hp a1253w desktop pavilion was green ,but replacement is now gray but its back yah

Collapse -
Lenovo SL510 user
by MarkoLjubljana / October 25, 2013 5:30 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.